What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The only thing is that E85 dont like to start when it's cold out. This morning it was 35 degrees and she cough and sputtered for a bit till the coolant temp started to rise then the idle smoothed out. Might have to switch back to the 93 tune for the winter. @GooseTuned what do you think? Is that OK on things or do you recommend swapping to 93 till it get a bit warmer out?
It is tough on cold starts in cooler weather.

93 during cold weather is probably best

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered them from neogarage but not sure if it came from them or a dropshipper.

My brother got the fronts from them and they were fine
I got my fronts and rears from NeoGarage and both seemed fine. I would suspect your set may of been returns, but obviously I don’t know that for sure. I’d give them a call to explain the situation. The different preload settings just seems very strange for fresh from the factory parts.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call the shop and send them pictures.
yeah i sent them pics last night, looks theyre looking into it, will find out more today.
I got my fronts and rears from NeoGarage and both seemed fine. I would suspect your set may of been returns, but obviously I don’t know that for sure. I’d give them a call to explain the situation. The different preload settings just seems very strange for fresh from the factory parts.
Yeah these def looked like they were opened and messed with, they dont look installed, but not exactly what you want to see when ordering new. Last thing i want is to hook them up and have some issues, although i dont think that will be the case, but just thinking out loud.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i sent them pics last night, looks theyre looking into it, will find out more today.

Yeah these def looked like they were opened and messed with, they dont look installed, but not exactly what you want to see when ordering new. Last thing i want is to hook them up and have some issues, although i dont think that will be the case, but just thinking out loud.
There is a left and a right side shock that you can determine by the orientation of the hoses going to the reservoir. Given most trucks sit lower, by just a fraction, on the drivers side. Possibly the one shock with threads showing is to compensate for that difference, IDK. I’m pretty certain the spring needs to be compressed in order to adjust that ring. That’s why I had a shop do it, as I had no clue how much preload equated to 1in of lift.And it seems nearly impossible to accomplish after they are installed in the coil buckets.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Last edited:

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it back to the dealership for front and rear pinion seals and had the front diff oil changed too. Rear pinion seal leaked since last rebuild, front was just a very minor leak. Positive note, bottom center of the box is now undercoated, lol.

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some slight changes.
Expedition Radio/AC panel...gained Digital readouts for the temps, heated steering wheel button and a few other things. I also added the custom console lid with wireless charging. https://leatherseats.com/shop/inter...rd-charging-consoles/raptor-charging-console/
Upgraded to two Mosconi's 5/30, Focal KX2's and Helix Ultra DSP and did the highly sought after PRNDM light mod.

View attachment 436846
View attachment 436847View attachment 436848
Panel part#? Where’d you get it? I like the fact that it has the heated steering wheel button