What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hal993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(2) New wheels w/ beauty rings!! (thanks to a chain tire store) haha... Finally. It took 4.5hrs at the Ford dealership... with an existing appt. After waiting 30min, they said they weren't going to be able to do it, because the machine they were going to use was broken. That was fine. Then they came back and said they were going to do it and the service manager would oversee it.

The did a great job on the install. Then apparently tore up the boxes my old wheels were supposed to go in, and when I asked about my (5) extra beauty ring bolts that I bought... the tech said they were on his toolbox. When I told them they were $20 a piece... his eyes got real big, and he said, "I'll be right back."

All in all, the truck is smoother on the road than it has been since I bought it, so if that's what it takes, that's alright.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the battery and resetted the bms (which the headlight and brake thing worked). Interestingly the new battery is a bit smaller and the cold cranking amps is down from 800-760 but seems fine.

Also picked these guys up

Kinda packed like shit and looks like they had a fun time whacking each other. Also came in at different preloads for some reasonIMG_7223.jpegIMG_7231.jpegIMG_7230.jpegIMG_7229.jpeg

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the battery and resetted the bms (which the headlight and brake thing worked). Interestingly the new battery is a bit smaller and the cold cranking amps is down from 800-760 but seems fine.

Kinda packed like shit and looks like they had a fun time whacking each other. Also came in at different preloads for some reasonView attachment 436421View attachment 436422View attachment 436423View attachment 436424View attachment 436425
IMG_7228.jpeg

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Kinda packed like shit and looks like they had a fun time whacking each other. Also came in at different preloads for some reasonView attachment 436421View attachment 436423View attachment 436424View attachment 436425
Where did you get them. Mine came well packaged and separated in the Fox box. The different preload seems concerning. There were no exposed threads on mine. It cost me $800.00 at a later date to set the preload for 1in of lift. I have about 1/2 of thread showing now.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get them. Mine came well packaged and separated in the Fox box. The different preload seems concerning. There were no exposed threads on mine. It cost me $800.00 at a later date to set the preload for 1in of lift. I have about 1/2 of thread showing now.
I ordered them from neogarage but not sure if it came from them or a dropshipper.

My brother got the fronts from them and they were fine

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kinda packed like shit and looks like they had a fun time whacking each other. Also came in at different preloads for some reasonView attachment 436421View attachment 436423View attachment 436424View attachment 436425
Yikes mine came packaged pretty securely.

71657435862__F6BE09B2-2F33-44C4-8CD9-95E95AD0BDAE.jpeg

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Normally I'm a function over form guy, but for what those cost, I'd be pissed in that:

A) They should have zero damage cosmetic or not, and
B) The packaging seems suspect to what I've seen others delivered in.

Where they listed as refurbs?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes mine came packaged pretty securely.

View attachment 436441
Jesus that doesnt look close to what i got
Normally I'm a function over form guy, but for what those cost, I'd be pissed in that:

A) They should have zero damage cosmetic or not, and
B) The packaging seems suspect to what I've seen others delivered in.

Where they listed as refurbs?
yeah you said it, its not like theyre trashed but def kinda weird. They were listed new.