What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yessir. All of our vehicles are "toys" and we agreed a long time ago that we wouldn't refrain from using them for what they were built for. We haven't have the new truck out on a proper run yet but those plans are in the works.
If you couldn't have made a road trip of it and with flights, hotels, registration, etc it would run about 3k, would it still be worth it in your opinion? I was about to pull the trigger last night, but zero direct flights to and from SLC which makes for two very long days for one day of driving. Trying to sort out the value in it right now.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you couldn't have made a road trip of it and with flights, hotels, registration, etc it would run about 3k, would it still be worth it in your opinion? I was about to pull the trigger last night, but zero direct flights to and from SLC which makes for two very long days for one day of driving. Trying to sort out the value in it right now.
Tough call. I probably would and that is not an insignificant amount of investment. I won't get too philosophical... but is was a good experience in a beautiful part of the country with a lot of great people. I would likely try to capitalize on the trip in some way other then just the school though. When we first started thinking about it, I was originally going to try and coordinate it with a work trip because I have some mission space in that general area. However, when I found out that the didn't run the class on the weekend I just decided I could use a week away from work altogether.

MKW1456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Specialty Performance Parts has top notch service! @Specialtyperformanceparts

Ordered the S2 reverse lights with the tail light adaptor for reverse and the quick aux adaptors. The guys forgot the taillight adaptor but a quick text to them after hours and it was sent the next day. The quality and ease of install was great! Ready for Moab…

Attachments

• IMG_5246.jpeg
    IMG_5246.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5244.jpeg
    IMG_5244.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 63

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Specialty Performance Parts has top notch service! @Specialtyperformanceparts

Ordered the S2 reverse lights with the tail light adaptor for reverse and the quick aux adaptors. The guys forgot the taillight adaptor but a quick text to them after hours and it was sent the next day. The quality and ease of install was great! Ready for Moab…
Yeah it’s a great kit. You run your harness inside the frame? Man that was a pain in the butt

Attachments

• IMG_9589.jpeg
    IMG_9589.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 43

MKW1456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it’s a great kit. You run your harness inside the frame? Man that was a pain in the butt
I did not run in through the frame. Just zip tied it along the frame. I have an R coming at some point (keeps being pushed back) and will swap these over when it arrives.