What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dj30417

CRZYCHK
Reaction score
Usually you should know by the first time they take off their pants.

Also in real talk, the dealer who said my steering rack was failing quoted me 2200 bucks. Comes with 2 year, unlimited mileage, no questions asked replacement. They quoted 1200 for parts, 600 for labor, 100 for consumables, 150 for alignment and the rest for tax. Doesn't seem insane, but I just wanted a sanity check.
I don’t have experience with this repair but on average major repairs do run cost of parts equals cost of shop cost meaning that you can double the cost of parts for a total cost of repair. If the parts prices are correct then the shop cost seems legit. Disclaimer: this is my experience and anecdotal experiences of others.

But my serious question is: what made you think FRF was the place for a sanity check? ;)

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t have experience with this repair but on average major repairs do run cost of parts equals cost of shop cost meaning that you can double the cost of parts for a total cost of repair. If the parts prices are correct then the shop cost seems legit. Disclaimer: this is my experience and anecdotal experiences of others.

But my serious question is: what made you think FRF was the place for a sanity check? ;)
I mean its not like I'm posting in the champagne room, I expect some amount of decorum in these here parts!

Also yeah I'm not like "THEYRE TRYING TO RIP ME OFF" it just seems like its just a hair above what I was expecting.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean its not like I'm posting in the champagne room, I expect some amount of decorum in these here parts!

Also yeah I'm not like "THEYRE TRYING TO RIP ME OFF" it just seems like its just a hair above what I was expecting.
Inflation mang, everything got expensive. But drink the kool-aid and everything's just fiiiine, in fact (fact checked) it's way cheaper now...and you're probably racist against mechanics or something.

$2200 is probably par for the course though, last year I replaced mine with a Cardone reman from Rockauto, with all new Motorcraft pressure and return lines, after core return it was $532 for parts and took the better part of a day, so double that for a Motorcraft rack and @dj30417 equation puts you right there at 2 grand...