What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Gave it a wash finally and took it to the dealer for an Works oil change with tire rotation.

Geez they just rotated them again front to back. A Ford dealership can't follow their own manual. They said I need to tell them. I disagree. If I was going anywhere else other than a Ford dealership then I would agree but a Ford Service department should know better, there is no other way in the manual to rotate these on a Raptor.

Freaking oil change is taking nearly 2 hours as I sit here in the waiting room.....

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Gave it a wash finally and took it to the dealer for an Works oil change with tire rotation.

Geez they just rotated them again front to back. A Ford dealership can't follow their own manual. They said I need to tell them. I disagree. If I was going anywhere else other than a Ford dealership then I would agree but a Ford Service department should know better, there is no other way in the manual to rotate these on a Raptor.

Freaking oil change is taking nearly 2 hours as I sit here in the waiting room.....

They're probably in the back jumping it and what not.

Jigks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added a RDTechnik Shift Plus tune and a pedal booster module.. Also put it on the Dyno before and after.. Standard engine gave me 274hp at the wheels and 282 after although the tune is more for the gearbox.. Does anyone know what the engine and drivetrain losses are for our Raptors?

f8aa0210a75cbcfda2a1cd314f6c1190.jpg

A bit about the RDTechnik tune.:
RD Technik is pleased to bring to market RDT-Shift a revolutionary tuning tool capable of tuning almost any transmission in existence.
The capabilities of this tool are astounding and we are pleased to be at the forefront of gearbox tuning technology.
The difficulty with the modern day vehicle is the inability to tune a vehicle’s transmission to release the engine’s true potential. The transmission always has the last say in levels of torque and power getting through to the road. The engine can be tuned as much as you wish, but the transmission will always be holding it back and tuning it can not only transform the driving experience but can also increase torque and power and economy on most vehicles.
Chips and Piggy backs can never access load limiters, but even the best ECU tunes cannot access all of the transmission load limiters on modern gearboxes and therefore there is always more torque and economy to be had. Certain transmission tuning has been available for some time, yet nothing has been able to tune a number of marque’s and especially, ‘un-tunable’ gearboxes from the likes of Toyota, Lexus, Mitsubishi, Mazda, AMG, Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari, BMW and many others. This tool is not only able to tune almost any gearbox in existence, but can be done at one of our dealers through the OBDII port, and is done in seconds.
Gearbox response and shifting between gears can be made up to twice as fast, whilst being smoother, and depending on vehicle, includes alterations to shift pattern, shift point, launch control, clamping pressure, converter lock-up, torque limits and more. This leads to smoother shifting, less clutch wear, and a more rewarding drive. For Stage 2 and above engine tuned vehicles, it is an essential requirement to ensure the gearbox can appropriately and safely handle substantial improvements to torque.
In addition to the RDT-Shift, we are pleased to launch RDT-Shift-PLUS. This unique tool combines a transmission remap and ECU remap on one tool simultaneously and is available for most naturally aspirated vehicles.
As with the gearbox flash it is also capable of tuning almost any naturally aspirated (non-turbo) vehicle via OBDII. With a true global first, this includes “untunable” vehicles, such as Toyota, Lexus, new Porsche 981 and 991 models and Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, as well as new SRT Jeep models and many more.

I do lkie the pedal booster as it amplifies the throttle signal and makes the car respond better.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the estimate for my "Trophy Exhaust"...

$1800

It better be EXACTLY how I want it...when they eventually do it...with me looking over their shoulder.

What do you refer to as a trophy truck exhaust? I'm wondering if a turn down is something you'd be interested in for literally 1/5th the price? Just a thought in case you overlooked it but seems you've done your homework on you upcoming build, anxious to see it.

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you refer to as a trophy truck exhaust? I'm wondering if a turn down is something you'd be interested in for literally 1/5th the price? Just a thought in case you overlooked it but seems you've done your homework on you upcoming build, anxious to see it.

CP,

I have done my homework my friend. Although a simple turn down would be cheaper...I prefer to be different.
I will be running duals up through the bed with short nozzles poking through the tri-fold bed cover.

I will post pics when it's done in the exhaust section.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Added a RDTechnik Shift Plus tune and a pedal booster module.. Also put it on the Dyno before and after.. Standard engine gave me 274hp at the wheels and 282 after although the tune is more for the gearbox.. Does anyone know what the engine and drivetrain losses are for our Raptors?
I do lkie the pedal booster as it amplifies the throttle signal and makes the car respond better.

I know this is going sound like a smack down but that is not my intension.
I'm all for mods and want to keep up with what's the latest greatest stuff out there.
And I never heard about them being that it's all Australian.

Something sure doesn't sound or look right.
First, a stock Raptor is around 317 rwhp. And the advertised fwhp (at the flywheel) is 411. So around 25 to 28% loss is about right.
Granted every dyno is going to have different numbers. I assume your numbers are Bhp.

Most mail order Tuners are getting 20+HP with just a Tune and more with headers. And even more for custom dyno Tuning.
Second, this pedal booster sounds like snake oil. The TB is controlled by 0 to 5 volts if you throw more volts at it you will burn it out.
You stated module? Can tell us more about that. Is it physical or software?

Also a stock Raptor's Tune will prevent the TB from opening up 100% until 3000-3500 rpm.
Something easily corrected by editing the Tune.
So I would suggest looking into more about Tunes on this forum.
Just to make sure everything is safe with the product your using, and not over paying.

Are able to adjust all the transmission settings yourself or they do that for you?
Also do you know if the trans adjustments adjusts more than the WOT file.
In other words how is it shifting when driving around town, any hiccups?
I tried looking up what this stuff is all about but there's limit info.
What do you get for $200? PC program and/or Android/iPhone App? Do you have any pictures of the User Interface.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatguyfromford