What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed out 16 plugs, 8 coils and new wires 3 weeks ago. Truck ran like brand new! :D

The very day that we go down to the TN Dirt Devil Run truck starts misfiring at certain rpm and speed. :( Didn't affect the low speed run on the Dirt Devil. :D Afterwards, on the way to lunch with everyone, at road speeds, it was doing it more often. :(

Had an annual week-long church meeting the day after Dirt Devil, so didn't drive truck for a week.

Over the past few weeks it started getting progressively worse. Started misfiring at all speeds and rpm's.

Got in there today and removed #5 cylinder and #6 cylinder plugs and coils. #6 was suspect because I had issues with it before and had replaced the coil previously. #5 plug looked a lot dirtier than I would have expected after only 3 weeks, but #6 looked too clean, like it hadn't been firing at all. Swapped coil on #6 with one I had bought only a few weeks ago before I did all new plug/coil/wire install. Seated plug wire and harness connector on it absolutely positively! Cranked her up and took her for an 8 mile test drive. All GOOD now. :D

Thanks to @Gumby for mental support and phone/text tech support.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
My head hurts from looking for new tires:burnout:

So I find some i like but they (wildpeaks) weigh a f ton or the load rate (c) is too low, or the price is ridiculous. may just give up and go with what i have (bfg ko2 E) :/

I may be overthinking this whole thing. LOL :angry94:
Just my two cents on the Wildpeaks here, I have them on both my wife's Trailhawk and my Raptor and love them. Yes, heavier than most other tires but they have a lot deeper treads and are fantastic in all weather conditions, very little road noise and look great.

dj30417

CRZYCHK
Reaction score
Changed out 16 plugs, 8 coils and new wires 3 weeks ago. Truck ran like brand new! :D

The very day that we go down to the TN Dirt Devil Run truck starts misfiring at certain rpm and speed. :( Didn't affect the low speed run on the Dirt Devil. :D Afterwards, on the way to lunch with everyone, at road speeds, it was doing it more often. :(

Had an annual week-long church meeting the day after Dirt Devil, so didn't drive truck for a week.

Over the past few weeks it started getting progressively worse. Started misfiring at all speeds and rpm's.

Got in there today and removed #5 cylinder and #6 cylinder plugs and coils. #6 was suspect because I had issues with it before and had replaced the coil previously. #5 plug looked a lot dirtier than I would have expected after only 3 weeks, but #6 looked too clean, like it hadn't been firing at all. Swapped coil on #6 with one I had bought only a few weeks ago before I did all new plug/coil/wire install. Seated plug wire and harness connector on it absolutely positively! Cranked her up and took her for an 8 mile test drive. All GOOD now. :D

Thanks to @Gumby for mental support and phone/text tech support.
Bad parts? My mechanic told me last week that every single part they received that week was bad. Now I’m sure that was a bit of frustration and exaggeration but it’s getting to the point where bad parts are more common than good ones.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad parts? My mechanic told me last week that every single part they received that week was bad. Now I’m sure that was a bit of frustration and exaggeration but it’s getting to the point where bad parts are more common than good ones.
EVERYTHING comes from Chy-na these days. Even if it says it doesn't.