What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
View attachment 440480
Used 4WD on some of the backroads. No IWE noise yet but I want to get rid of them anyways
Would totally recommend. I’ve had them unhooked for a while but finally broke them so it was delete time. If you were closer I’d help you install or install them for ya.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
So, I had an idea that could be terrible or great, not sure which. I want to start buying up all the cheap, used, blown shocks around me, rebuilding them, and selling them. I understand how shocks work and know I could do a good job rebuilding them with the Viton seals so they last even longer, just not sure if the market is there. I’d obviously be a lot cheaper than TSW but I’d still warranty my work. I’ll pull my rear shocks and rebuild them soon just as proof of concept that I can do these, but I could sell the shocks at a great deal. I could also powder coat them to a buyers preference. Please tell me if this is a stupid idea lol

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
So, I had an idea that could be terrible or great, not sure which. I want to start buying up all the cheap, used, blown shocks around me, rebuilding them, and selling them. I understand how shocks work and know I could do a good job rebuilding them with the Viton seals so they last even longer, just not sure if the market is there. I’d obviously be a lot cheaper than TSW but I’d still warranty my work. I’ll pull my rear shocks and rebuild them soon just as proof of concept that I can do these, but I could sell the shocks at a great deal. I could also powder coat them to a buyers preference. Please tell me if this is a stupid idea lol
If you can turn a profit sure
What’s time worth to you?

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
If you can turn a profit sure
What’s time worth to you?
My last classes are at 3, and I only work 4 days a week after 3 so I have a good bit of spare time. Based on YouTube (lol) I think I can do about >30 minutes a shock. Obviously I’d get faster as I learned, but I could sell rebuilt shocks for less than TSW. They sell for $175 per shock for gen1

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My last classes are at 3, and I only work 4 days a week after 3 so I have a good bit of spare time. Based on YouTube (lol) I think I can do about >30 minutes a shock. Obviously I’d get faster as I learned, but I could sell rebuilt shocks for less than TSW. They sell for $175 per shock for gen1
I'd be willing to get some rebuilt from ya

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a friend of a friend that does shocks for off road rock buggies. He rebuilds shocks for a living. Talked him into doing my Raptor shocks, he did a great job and even put Schrader valves in them. However he did state next time it will cost me more as they were a PITA compared to what he was accustomed to. Point is, I had bought new ones and had him rebuild my original ones which I have since put on and have the “new” ones that have about 80k on them up in my attic in case you need/ want a ****** set to rebuild at a friends of FRF price ;)