What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012SCSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats the best way to remove the oem valves. I am going to do this on my next set.
You can use a pick and pop out the rubber stopper, it's has a small caseing that can be unscrewed from the oem shock with an Allen key. Replace with a valve that is threadmatched to shock like the ones sold on RPG/SVC/ex

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Adding some power to my Raptor, electric power that is, picked up a Bestek 1000W pure sine wave inverter. It fits perfectly under the rear seat and it is portable so I can move it to the bed when I get a battery for that location. In the event of a power outage at my home it can be used to power appliances.

IMG_0232.JPGIMG_0237.JPGIMG_0238.JPGIMG_0239.JPGIMG_0240.JPG

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adding some power to my Raptor, electric power that is, picked up a Bestek 1000W pure sine wave inverter. It fits perfectly under the rear seat and it is portable so I can move it to the bed when I get a battery for that location. In the event of a power outage at my home it can be used to power appliances.

View attachment 435213View attachment 435214View attachment 435215View attachment 435216View attachment 435217
I have the 2,000W. Have bought 2 of them in the past 8 years. Good stuff. Hard as heck to find fuses for the ones I have. Haven't needed any yet though.

vtwinjunkie

Reaction score
You could not be any more wrong about the brake system on the Raptor. It is a simple hydraulic system and as such it is important to keep the reservoir to the full line as the brakes wear. When it is time to do a brake job it is very important to not push the cooked fluid in the calipers back into the system as it will ruin the antilock brake module. Instead crack the bleeder valve slightly and push the contaminated fluid into a container. If you don't understand how to do this I suggest you do some research.

Not everyone cooks their fluid between brake jobs. but I get your point. thanks for the input.

As far as the last bit...I am aware of how to bleed brakes.

Not sure if your intention was to condescend but it sounds a bit that way. Either way, no offense taken thanks.

quick edit. In order to avoid a back and forth, I wanted to clarify that I wasnt implying that you were wrong in my comment just now.
The original comment that you quoted was directed at the every day driver which id assume is common here, and its obvious that you are not and thats ok. When it comes to racing which it sounds like you do, maintenance is a bit different and I understand that.
Anyhow, thanks for your comment. I'll probably just keep my mouth shut next time instead of trying to provide guidance when I dont know my intended audience!

Last edited: