What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you guys saw up that motorhome to get it out of there?
That burned down bus was tagged and details were shared with CHP. The BLM told us to tag cars we found so they could investigate before removal. We ended up filled ten 40’ roll off style dumpsters with trash found around the desert in under 3 hours. Many hands make light work.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a little crafty and decided to do a light smoke on the BD lights on the GJ setup. Cut down the harsh amber color a tad. I used the covers to trace the pattern. May try the darker tint but I had the lighter tint laying around....20211107_133423.jpg
Before

20211105_161337.jpg

After.....
20211107_134406.jpg20211107_134519.jpg

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@BenBB pointed me to a thread that discussed other people having an issue with the cargo light working on the GJ mototrsports 3rd brake light setup, sure enough the issue was in the connections with the harness provided. Basically the connector was installed without the wire being stripped, so there is essentially no good connection.....pics of the wire to check and it all working.....View attachment 328405View attachment 328406View attachment 328407View attachment 328408View attachment 328409
Right on, glad you found it!! I'll definitely bench test when I get one heh.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the GJ Motorsports setup for almost 2 years. Originally the 3 led's didn't work. Spoke with LVJ Motorsports who builds the harness. He pointed in the right direction and the tiny black wire connections were reversed. Every thing worked for about 2 months. Then the white cargo light stopped working. Also noticed the puddle lights quit working. Which are led puddles and have been there for a while without issue. I also have some other interior lights that are led, but have been there for several years without issue. Checked and redid the wire connections like in the photos above. Still didn't work.

I read an article that a low voltage circuit breaker may be in the cargo light harness and would reset when the voltage was correct. Tried reinstalling the original brake light with no luck. Even had the truck in for another service and asked them to check the circuit. Ford tech said he couldn't work on it due to cut wires and modifications near the fuses. These connectors are for the factory installed Aux switch wires that Ford did not connect. However they did charge me a diagnostic fee. The circuit may be able to be reset with Forscan but I do not have that.

I eventually wired the white cargo light to the Aux 4 up fitter switch. So I can turn it on at any time. Puddle lights are still not working. I also spoke to another Raptor owner who's system did the same thing. He removed the GJ light due to the install of a camper shell and replaced his puddle lamps. Puddles still didn't work.
By any chance did you check the fuses themselves?, I think fuse 12 or 15(cant remember exact one)...I believe the puddles and cargo are on the same circuit, not sure if interior lights are also on that circuit.

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the fuse 27 relocation and popped in a new battery. I had not driven it for a week and left the dash cam plugged into the 12v outlet and killed it. My booster pack was too weak to boost it, and my trickle charger couldnt bring it back, so I said F it and got a new one! The sticker on the old unit was from 2017 anyways. Been meaning to hardwire the cam in, but havent gotten around to it yet.

To combat the next potential dead battery incident, I also invested in a 2000A Noco Booster.