What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RigChaser962

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Discount tire co at 08:00 with this bunch of idiots is going to send me through the roof. One **** bitching about service before the place even opens. Some dumb chick that I swear is mentally retarded and some old fat dude in an affliction t-shirt. All staring at my raptor. Fml.

Sent from two Dixie cups and a piece of bailing twine.

RigChaser962

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rig, you shouldn't talk about your friends that way....

Lmao I'm bout to rip a head off, tell them I've got an appt. they look at me with a grim look. They sold my tire for my one spare last night. Now I've gotta get my spare mounted and balanced 30 miles away. Oh. Just got notice that their road force machine is now down. Trucks new name. Problem child.

skyl3r

Maniac
FRF Lady
Reaction score
a9a2emu8.jpg

batugygu.jpg

y7yjynej.jpg

Went to TMX for the day. Had my fender liners linex'd & installed ;)

D

Deleted member 12951

After going to TRR and already seeing how the rear shock guards started to get torn up decided to install Outlaw's shock guards. Something with just 6 total bolt screws should of taken 15 minutes, so I thought. I fought with the first one for over an hour and threw in the flag and start calling shops. You know after ******** with something so simple for so long, you would rather just pay someone and get it over with. Well called a couple shops and were to busy for Saturday work. So took a long shit and decided to tackle it again. Once I finally got one side done and learned a few things the other side went a lot quicker.

Lessons learned:
1. Start on the outside one since you can't really see the threads due to the tire and leave it real loose.
2. Do the middle one next because you have to slide the thin washer inside between the plastic guard and shock. Somewhat a pain to line up. I take that back, it is a PAIN to line up.
3. Do the inside one last and make sure you are lined up straight. The Outlaw holes are somewhat oval to give you some play but the give is on the wrong side. I got crooked and started to mess up the threads.
4. Find the damn torque specs BEFORE you begin a project not AFTER you slightly start to strip one. Damn it!!!

ehyhy6u5.jpg
udejy9e2.jpg
yjyqu4e3.jpg
qaneza2y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RigChaser962

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Methods finally installed. Still no word back from my powder coater. Getting nervous that he didn't get his oven working. I need my ring bolts today!!!

smarsha11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The good: Installed R1 Concepts rotors and pads from Freedom MotorSports. Thanks Chris.

The bad: Dropped the caliper on the driver front and broke one of my SDHQ S/S brake hoses. Ordered a new kit from SDHQ. Thanks Jason. They should arrive while I'm at a meeting this week so the raptor is out of service until then.