What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

RPG stage 2 came in. Unboxed and inventoried all the parts to double check. Now to decide. Let a shop do it for $200+ or do it myself. Just need a 250lb torque wrench and some sockets and tools I don't have.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I had TMX install mine and it was $200. Corey was there and pretty much did it and then they torqued everything down. Well worth it to have "the man" do it.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 103
Last edited by a moderator:

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Corey and I installed mine together at RPG. I learned a shit load about suspension 101.

Recommend you have someone help you that has a lot of experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Corey and I installed mine together at RPG. I learned a shit load about suspension 101.

Recommend you have someone help you that has a lot of experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Just listening to Corey raises my car IQ about 50 points

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Finally finished my wheel project.

Switched from my '13 poverty wheels, to the factory beadlocks and beauty rings in charcoal.

Also did the un-thinkable... After 29,100 miles I installed new factory bfg's. After months of pondering which tire I went the safe route. They have served my needs extremely well.... Oh also installed balancing beads in tires.

4a6avequ.jpg

ge4a6e3a.jpg

ju4ezapy.jpg

Does anyone else use beads vs weights? Pros cons?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wvraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire balancing beads

Does anyone else use beads vs weights? Pros cons?

If they do what they say they are great bc you never need a balance. They are always rebalancing themselves. Which in theory should extend tread life and no wheel weights to fall off etc. I also did the nitrogen instead if air. So if I'm lucky other than rotating I never have to do anything to tire for its life. We shall see.

On a side note and real reason for adding beads is bc I installed them on my Can-am maverick sxs. In WV sxs's are legal on any road that doesn't have a painted centerline. We cruise on the road from trail to trail a bunch. I hated the vibration at 70mph in the Maverick, so I tried the beads. They worked awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/QUOTE]

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually took a wrench to my truck (1/2 & 9/16th ratchet to be specific) and didn't injure myself to badly. No damage to the truck. Removed my older style Roll-X cover. Had an issue with the older version. Morrie sent me a new one. Got a detailing scheduled for Friday. Will put new cover on over the weekend. Morrie rocks.

6.2 - Power To Do More

D

Deleted member 12951

I actually took a wrench to my truck (1/2 & 9/16th ratchet to be specific) and didn't injure myself to badly. No damage to the truck. Removed my older style Roll-X cover. Had an issue with the older version. Morrie sent me a new one. Got a detailing scheduled for Friday. Will put new cover on over the weekend. Morrie rocks.

6.2 - Power To Do More

What's old vs. new?

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OOPs. Wrong thread. Sorry.

Old is about a year ago. The new updated some aspects of the Roll-X. Frankly I don't know if I received the most recent version or not. Mine collapsed last time I was off road. The newer one evidently fixed something reponsable for collapsing.
What's old vs. new?

OEM 2011 vs 2013 take offs OEM.

6.2 - Power To Do More

Last edited: