What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got off work loaded the truck up for a trip to Tahoe. Went to grab my key....no where to be found... Called a locksmith now waiting for him to show up so I can get one made and hit the road!!! God damnit what a nightmare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Getting some lights ready to go on my Raptor.

IMG_5706_zps6v0k7bxe.jpg

IMG_5707_zpsilv38d0b.jpg

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got tired of the weak Sony audio system, so I decided to upgrade things a bit and have the items below installed a couple days ago. I'm still tossing around the idea of adding a processor down the road, but I'm definitely happier with the sound now.

Kicker 40CWRT102 10" CompRT subwoofer
Atrend A361-10CP enclosure
Kicker ZX750.1 amplifier
AudioControl LC2I line out controller
Polk Audio DB571 5x7 coax door speakers
Alpine KTP-445U 4 channel amplifier

I also had to swap out the rear mat and get a Husky X-act rear floor liner so the new sub box would fit.
What did you do with the rear mat? They'll fit the regular F -150's as well.

Made another appointment to drop it off at the dealer. Looks like the transmission bulkhead connector is leaking. Also getting some kind of weird almost click like sound from somewhere around the drivers side. Going to have them fix the drivers side seat element and I'm pretty sure the passenger side went out yesterday as well. The wife was not amused by any hot box comments. It also sounds like the driver side owe might be going out.

The brakes are sometimes doing a weird surge when coming to a stop. When you're about stopped, barely rolling with your foot on the brake it will surge forward if you're not on the brakes hard enough.

Power steering pump sounded like it was whining last night for the first time.

Aaaaaand I'm pretty sure my shocks need to be rebuilt.

FML I haven't even had the truck a year yet.

The weird clicking sound is what really concerns me it sounds like something rotating and catching on something. Changes with rpm and can really be heard around 1500rpm or so.
@Floyd91 - did you get this figured out?

As for the brake surge, I've had this in the past. It was due to one of two reasons.
1, I had boots on and a portion of my boot would catch the gas peddle.
2, the floor mat got up on the peddle. So again when on the brakes, the gas peddle was also seeing some action. What floor mat do you have?

As for the PS starting to go: open the hood, start the truck, put the window down so you can hear. Rev the engine and crank the wheel back and forth. If the whining gets worse, then you know it is the pump. If not, then it is one of the idler pulleys.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Delta Lead
www.runraptorrun.com