What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordraptorfans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@kromealt
Not yet, I was planning on trying a VP Race jug from amazon

VP was the one I want to go with, but appears to be an inch too wide on each side. It may shove down in there. Please let me know if you order one. Thanks, Matt

It worked fine for me.
They were not square though. It fit one way not other. Slight rectangle

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
External speaker for the ICOM? Is the sound muffled much with the console closed?

Only tested from handheld to truck at home. No external speaker yet, going to test at Rip 2 Strip next weekend.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

I hope you installed that antenna at least 18"'s from the back light. It needs at least 18" for a proper ground plane to get the 3dB boost

No. I got the chase package and it came with the 3dB antenna. I called PCI about possible change to no ground plane to install on bed rail.

Guy I talked to at PCI had a Raptor also and said center of roof is best, you loose some at spot by third brake light but he tested and said not too much. He did say height did have a significant effect and highly recommended on roof instead of bed rail. He had his at third brake light spot and gets great range and doesn't use rain cap when antenna is off and never had a leak in any vehicle over many years.

The install is super easy at that location and realizing the factory GPS antenna goes through a hole in roof and doesn't leak. The first cut is always the hardest.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only tested from handheld to truck at home. No external speaker yet, going to test at Rip 2 Strip next weekend.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

No. I got the chase package and it came with the 3dB antenna. I called PCI about possible change to no ground plane to install on bed rail.

Guy I talked to at PCI had a Raptor also and said center of roof is best, you loose some at spot by third brake light but he tested and said not too much. He did say height did have a significant effect and highly recommended on roof instead of bed rail. He had his at third brake light spot and gets great range and doesn't use rain cap when antenna is off and never had a leak in any vehicle over many years.

The install is super easy at that location and realizing the factory GPS antenna goes through a hole in roof and doesn't leak. The first cut is always the hardest.

I already have that antenna on my roof, but I installed it to get the 3dB boost. That antenna with out the groundplane will act as a normal 0dB gain antenna
according to PCTel who makes it