What are you doing with your old truck? Trade it or try to sell it yourself?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love that some think the Gen2 prices will “plummet” now the Gen3 is out. It isn’t out. You have to find a dealer willing to sell you one for MSRP or pay ADM… then, wait at least 3 months minimum. So that $75-83k truck is now $85-93. Makes a low mileage loaded Gen2 at $75 not so bad. There are only 2500 being built this year, and 22’s won’t be built until next year. Supply and demand… and supply will be low for a while.
I am trading mine now. They will hold the trade credit for 1 year. Hopefully mine will be delivered in Sept/Oct.
No ADM on my new 37.

Side note… Drove through a local Ford dealer lot today (wanted to see a color)… not one new F150, 250 on the lot and only a dozen used trucks. This supply crunch is here for a while.
Where are you getting the 2500 number from? Based off allocations available from dealerships it should be a lot higher than 2500

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since I cant find a 37 at MSRP, I am doing nothing, bummer...

I've done both trade in and sell private, usually eBay. Listing at KBB on ebay has always worked for me and that's the figure I use for calculating the tax savings from the dealer insult trade in offer.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since I cant find a 37 at MSRP, I am doing nothing, bummer...

I've done both trade in and sell private, usually eBay. Listing at KBB on ebay has always worked for me and that's the figure I use for calculating the tax savings from the dealer insult trade in offer.
I just looked at KBB and my truck is listed there for $20,000.. The dealership offered my $13,500. I almost spit out my coffee

BossRaptor

Reaction score
There is a dealer here in the Phx area that has four on there lot and wanted crazy high prices for all of them. They wanted 600 for doc plus 1995 for accessories LOl . I reminded them they didn't put any accessories on the truck. They didn't have them cleaned up. All of them dirty as f. Told me there super "rare". I retorted that there are is shitload on the market. Hell you got four on your lot alone. Look at CL, and ebay. There is craploads listed on them.

Short story long. The market has a shitload of Gen 2 Raptors. Dealers are trying to get above original MSRP on 17,18.19 . KBB is a joke. Im in the market for one, but not looking to overspend on one. AZ has a crazy high sales tax rate and registration fee so this makes this purchase even more. I most likely will go private party and forgo the sales tax.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just looked at KBB and my truck is listed there for $20,000.. The dealership offered my $13,500. I almost spit out my coffee
Dealer offered me 6k for my old Titan when I picked up my gen2. A week later in ebay I had 10k. Probably worth 20k today rofl

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you getting the 2500 number from? Based off allocations available from dealerships it should be a lot higher than 2500
Just a number I heard... if higher, fine. Still doesn't change the supply issue.

Went to another Ford dealer today to look at colors again. They usually have over 800 vehicles in stock... down to less than 200. Supply is nuts right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcj