GEN 2 Wall of Shame Greedy FORD Dealers. Call them out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghost rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how insurance companies payout on a claim for stolen or totaled Raptor? My guess is they go by current blue book value. With that said, all who are financing above MSRP should consider GAP insurance to cover the difference in cost in case of a total loss.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford only has some to do with this...I really think they are surprised by the demand...along with parts issues.

It's ****** dealers that won't stand by their word...yet it works both ways, just got done watching a you tube video of a guy that was bragging about getting it $2K under when he called and had almost $1K added after he signed the deal. Yes the dealer missed his add, but he also didn't stand by his word...
Find a good salesman is all I can say...most go for top $, not caring they drive customers away,especially when in demand...

Only thing close right now to me is the Ram Power Wagon, but it's a 3/4 ton. If it wasn't for my like of the 3.5L engine I would be seriously looking at that.

That was my video you watched. I was not "bragging" about anything, I was just sharing my story. If you are stupid enough to pay a hefty markup for a truck, then knock yourself out. But don't come on here and trash talk me for getting a better deal. I did nothing wrong, I legitimately wanted to add on those options and it's not my fault the dealer didn't do his homework before filling out the paperwork. Thanks for your useless input though Mother Teresa.

tightt

Reaction score
Jim Tidwell Ford: $5K over MSRP
Edgewood Ford, Albuquerque, NM: $10K over MSRP

These figures were as of yesterday.

Dartv8r

Reaction score
That was my video you watched. I was not "bragging" about anything, I was just sharing my story. If you are stupid enough to pay a hefty markup for a truck, then knock yourself out. But don't come on here and trash talk me for getting a better deal. I did nothing wrong, I legitimately wanted to add on those options and it's not my fault the dealer didn't do his homework before filling out the paperwork. Thanks for your useless input though Mother Teresa.

No one knew it was you until you mentioned it here. He didn't mention names.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one knew it was you until you mentioned it here. He didn't mention names.

I understand that, I am not worried about people knowing my username. I have posted multiple videos here from my YouTube channel. It's that I don't appreciate ignorant people talking trash and spreading incorrect info. All of my videos are intended to help people pick up a new Raptor, and to show what I went through to get mine. They are to encourage people to fight dealers when they are slapping on ridiculous markups, instead of bending over and taking it. No bragging, no dishonesty.

Sehnsucht

Reaction score
Autonation Ford, Fort Payne, AL. The sales guy said "Ford is requiring us to sell at $10,000 over MSRP". I just laughed and told the really young dude to go look up the meaning of MSRP and walked out. :ROFLJest:

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny.....browsing Craigslist. McCoy Mills in Fullerton has like 5 on there now with poor exterior shots, a generic low res interior shot, and spelling errors. WTF? Kindergarten operation I tell ya.

All 10-15k over. Same inventory for a few months now:ROFLJest:

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny.....browsing Craigslist. McCoy Mills in Fullerton has like 5 on there now with poor exterior shots, a generic low res interior shot, and spelling errors. WTF? Kindergarten operation I tell ya.

All 10-15k over. Same inventory for a few months now:ROFLJest:

At one point, a couple weeks ago, they had a DOZEN that they snatched from other dealers all over the country. They had a $25k ADM and I proceeding to politely tell them why I wasn't interested. Cornering the market is just plain wrong.

Somewhat gratifying to have several dealers keep calling me back, lowering their ADM, only to hear my standard answer, "What part of MSRP do you not understand?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUFdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford only has some to do with this...I really think they are surprised by the demand...along with parts issues.

It's ****** dealers that won't stand by their word...yet it works both ways, just got done watching a you tube video of a guy that was bragging about getting it $2K under when he called and had almost $1K added after he signed the deal. Yes the dealer missed his add, but he also didn't stand by his word...
Find a good salesman is all I can say...most go for top $, not caring they drive customers away,especially when in demand...

Only thing close right now to me is the Ram Power Wagon, but it's a 3/4 ton. If it wasn't for my like of the 3.5L engine I would be seriously looking at that.

I just bought my son a Ram Power Wagon, that is one serious off road truck, they can easily be found for 10k under msrp. Can't wait to compare it to my Raptor if it ever gets here! Sorry to say my Raptor was no where near as good a deal. I guess one truck way under msrp balances out another truck over msrp....:)