vin's pulled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought the O/T 2 orders were going to be bone stock trucks and that they were saving the options for O/T 1 order?

I remember reading this somewhere earlier but does that explain why there's no Front Camera in this order?

Or is it that O/T 2 orders are just getting pulled regardless of options?

Neither are on hold as my VIN has been pulled and is tux black with front camera

Your question is answered right in this thread. Boostin's VIN was pulled with front camera, so doesn't appear to be any holds, which is exactly what Randy has posted multiple times.

There was never anything restricting dealer stock orders to being bone stock no options, but usually if a dealer is ordering for themselves they don't load on every option because it drives the price up and most people if they want one THAT bad fully equipped they'll order it, but with a nicely equipped one, with a more appealing prices, it's easier to move off the lot.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Randy can you confirm/deny that there is a hold on Front camera orders right now?

From what I have been told, NOTHING is on Hold.

But if a dealer had "for stock" orders with Nav, Front/Rear Camera, Graphics,
they WOULD NOT BE Pulled/Sch'ed. I was also told don't put Tux Black orders in, if you wanted "for stock" to be pulled.
But Ford always wants diversity, so a few with those options I'm sure got pulled.

randy

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is all marketing..
Ford knows that once stock (stripped units) arrive at dealerships. They will be sold, because 80% of people don't care about all the bells and whistles. And will buy whatever is in stock (instant gratification), while the enthusiasts will wait and order a specific truck config. Just my opinion...

jlauth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have September orders that have had the VIN pulled. I ordered Sept 16th, and i am getting as impatient as anybody on here. haha I am hoping to hear this week, but I'm not sure if they are pulling VINs by order date. Maybe most that have gotten them are Aug orderers. I am also in Indiana, and didn't go to a huge dealer, so maybe that will slow down my order a bit. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
do a little more reading. the orders that have been pulled are all for dealer stock. the presold orders haven't been pulled yet. So has nothing to do with date, but the type of order. I ordered Aug 26 but it was a presold, not dealer stock, so I'm still waiting for a vin, where some guys didn't order till late Oct, but it was a dealer stock order, and they got a vin already.

jlauth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do a little more reading. the orders that have been pulled are all for dealer stock. the presold orders haven't been pulled yet. So has nothing to do with date, but the type of order. I ordered Aug 26 but it was a presold, not dealer stock, so I'm still waiting for a vin, where some guys didn't order till late Oct, but it was a dealer stock order, and they got a vin already.

It was my understanding that some of the individuals with VINS were on the presold list. Thanks though....I guess that I misread.

Boostin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was my understanding that some of the individuals with VINS were on the presold list. Thanks though....I guess that I misread.

You are correct, there are some that have had VINs pulled that were presold (including myself) and others that were dealer stock.

jlauth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct, there are some that have had VINs pulled that were presold (including myself) and others that were dealer stock.

Ok so there are a few then. I guess its just a waiting game, but like many of you I'm just super impatient. I daily a 99 2.0 avenger, and let me tell you I am ready for this truck. I am just hoping that its here before the first snow! haha

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that. There were a few guys who thought theirs were the presold ones (I believe OT1), but they were actually dealer stock (OT2 I believe).

You could go to the dealer and order one yourself, but still be a dealer stock order. Not sure exactly how it works, but thats been the case in nearly everyone's so far. I'd be interested to see what Randy says about the above guys.

Randy did offer to change mine from a presold to a dealer stock so I'd get it sooner, but then he wouldn't have been able to drop ship it to my local dealer.

trugrit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Randy,

I assume you've sold the Ingot Silver Raptor? That's the exact setup I'm leaning towards getting. I was going to wait until customer orders were being built but if it's available, I could easily convince myself to make the leap.:drool:

Thanks,

Trugrit