Upper Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mgordon

Reaction score
I am no expert, have always had a Super Duty & this stuff was easier. With so many options on the market for a gen3 are replacing upper control arms necessary when doing a 1.25/1.5 collar? I would assume it can only improve caster & beef up strength.

In all honesty I would rather do nothing and just run a toyo 37" vs the stock BFG on my Innov8's. Not sure if it will fit ok. No off-roading just some dirt roads in mountains & launch ramp.

Any 2 cents out there...?!
Thank you IMG_1430(1).jpg

Last edited:

Slaptor911

Reaction score
I’ll jump in from the research we’ve done. 98% of the time, the stock uca is actually much more tested and stronger than aftermarket offerings. OE’s just have so much liability and $$$$ to test, test, test. Aftermarket Suspension companies that work on, and try to improve upon what Ford offers quickly realize that Ford 100% utilizes available suspension travel. There is not a lot left to try to increase. Do uca’s look cool, hell yeah. But unless paring with a mid or long travel kit, there is not much benefit. That being said, they do look damn cool. I plan on getting a set because they do look oh so good.

In comparison for transparency, Toyota for example. Pick your truck or suv of choice. With a properly built longer shock, spring set correctly, and an aftermarket uca to lessen bind at full droop, you can usually gain 1-1.5” of travel. Usually at droop, not bump. Droop is so much more important to keep the wheels planted and keep from topping out.

I hope this helps.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll jump in from the research we’ve done. 98% of the time, the stock uca is actually much more tested and stronger than aftermarket offerings. OE’s just have so much liability and $$$$ to test, test, test. Aftermarket Suspension companies that work on, and try to improve upon what Ford offers quickly realize that Ford 100% utilizes available suspension travel. There is not a lot left to try to increase. Do uca’s look cool, hell yeah. But unless paring with a mid or long travel kit, there is not much benefit. That being said, they do look damn cool. I plan on getting a set because they do look oh so good.

In comparison for transparency, Toyota for example. Pick your truck or suv of choice. With a properly built longer shock, spring set correctly, and an aftermarket uca to lessen bind at full droop, you can usually gain 1-1.5” of travel. Usually at droop, not bump. Droop is so much more important to keep the wheels planted and keep from topping out.

I hope this helps.
I would say the one potential benefit, depending on use, of aftermarket UCAs is when they are used in conjunction with a slot delete for the LCAs. That combination is much much harder to knock out of alignment. But yeah not like Toyotas where you can have a shock that requires an aftermarket UCA to get full range of motion.

OP
OP
mgordon

mgordon

Reaction score

I hope this helps.
Appreciate it, sure does! Thanks