Upgrading to a Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s already in your mind. Do it
Haha I really want to but it’s tough to give up the looks of the 24 and lose 3500 miles for the R while going another 25k in debt. I know they wouldn’t give me 85k for trade in on mine.

Hard R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of starting a new thread I figured I could get some thoughts in here....

I've got a '24 37pp that has 400 miles on it. My local dealer just got a '23 Raptor R in avalanche grey w/ no sunroof and graphics but it has exactly 4k on the odometer. They'll take 115k or so for it. Stupid to even think about trading this truck in for it? I'd love to order a brand new one in like a year or two but who knows if they'll be around. Just kicking the can around on this one....
Test drive the R and see if it's worth the coin to you.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha I really want to but it’s tough to give up the looks of the 24 and lose 3500 miles for the R while going another 25k in debt. I know they wouldn’t give me 85k for trade in on mine.
The 23 looks better and the R is worth it.

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 23 looks better and the R is worth it.
Isn’t the exhaust a little different has less horsepower? Sorry don’t know the spec changes on the R. I will say it not having a sunroof is nice. I never use mine and no worries of leaking. Also should I worry about 4k miles? For some reason buying used super trucks bothers me.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn’t the exhaust a little different has less horsepower? Sorry don’t know the spec changes on the R. I will say it not having a sunroof is nice. I never use mine and no worries of leaking. Also should I worry about 4k miles? For some reason buying used super trucks bothers me.
It’s my understanding the extra 20 HP was only a change in filter/intake. Add a new cold air and you’re above 720

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonder what trade in would be on a 3 week old 400 mile '24 37pp? :boxed: