Two switches of deathray!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good test. Although I'm expecting greater than 20% blockage. It's not just about positive and negative space, it's also about the position of things.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I have the 40" Rigid behind the grill and it is an absolute waste of a good light. It is useless behind the grill. My D2's put out more effect light than the 40 behind the grill does. Open the hood and it's a different story. SPRSNK is 100% correct. The grill defuses a huge percentage of the light output. The distance the bar is from the grill and the grill openings do not do it justice. If you can't mount a 40" out in the open save your money. The 20" is a far better choice.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good test. Although I'm expecting greater than 20% blockage. It's not just about positive and negative space, it's also about the position of things.

Yes it is. I've played with my light positions and gotten more light out of the 40". Light is still being blocked by the grill :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alotajs