GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Jeez. All this talk of what, when, how. Late availability? Where do you hear these things? I ordered mine, Avalanch, pretty loaded with 802A, CF, accents, tech pkg, roof, heated wheel, hood grafx, and a couple more things, taxes, documents, OTD for 68,475.30. It supposedly is #1573 put in the system and like every other one, is on the shelf. The ONLY thing that has been confirmed is that SCAB's are going down the line first. Even that isn't written in stone, but nothing else has been put in writing yet. I would love to see the proof of all this speculation though.

SCABs are not confirmed to be "going down the line" first. That's literally a myth. SCABs and SCREWs will be produced together. They will arrive on lots and to customers together. That's what's confirmed.

jsstalli

Reaction score
If you're 721 and i'm 728, are these orders just counting up? or was their just a random coincidence here?

To be honest your guess is as good as mine. Let's hope they get to work soon on them. If that is the position in line of build we should get our vehicles relatively close to each other.

What color did you get? I went with Magnetic J7, hope they don't make it later availability than other colors. That would be a kick in the nuts to have to wait for a certain color.

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
I've got a DORA too. A DORA isn't confirmation of the order however. Went through all of this with the GT350's. A lot of guys got DORAs and no car because the dealer didn't actually have an allocation

Raptor is not in the same boat as the GT350. Dealers do not need any allocation to put forward a customer order. This has been confirmed over, and over, and over again. Allocation is what dealers can order themselves for the showroom floor (And what GT350 buyers were paying 30K over MSRP for). Now, customer orders, as long as a deposit and a customer is attached with an order number, will go through and be produced. It's a completely different scenario since Raptors are not a limited production vehicle.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor is not in the same boat as the GT350. Dealers do not need any allocation to put forward a customer order. This has been confirmed over, and over, and over again. Allocation is what dealers can order themselves for the showroom floor (And what GT350 buyers were paying 30K over MSRP for). Now, customer orders, as long as a deposit and a customer is attached with an order number, will go through and be produced. It's a completely different scenario since Raptors are not a limited production vehicle.

Agreed on the allocation piece, but having a DORA regardless of vehicle is not a guarantee of the vehicle.

acg90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest your guess is as good as mine. Let's hope they get to work soon on them. If that is the position in line of build we should get our vehicles relatively close to each other.

What color did you get? I went with Magnetic J7, hope they don't make it later availability than other colors. That would be a kick in the nuts to have to wait for a certain color.

I went with a Magentic Screw, 802A plus a couple other options

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the allocation thing - you'll hear conflicting things because while the truck won't be limited, it still has to go through the dealer's allocation process to get built.

That is, each dealer is given a certain number of vehicles per week that they can order, and among those can be as many Raptors as they want to list.

But, if Ford says ok, only 10% of our production will be Raptors, not all dealers will get one before the slots are taken. So they go on the list for the next week and so on.

So if you go to a small dealer who only gets only a few vehicles per week, and they decided to take orders for 100 Raptors, you may get screwed.

On the other hand, if you went to a big dealer who has 10 vehicles per week allocated, but they have 1000 various vehicles ordered for themselves and customers, you may still get screwed.

And I believe dealers get prioritized also for certain vehicles. For example, if they're a small country dealer but sell a lot of super duties to farmers, they may have more priority on super duties than mustangs.

Last edited:

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Agreed on the allocation piece, but having a DORA regardless of vehicle is not a guarantee of the vehicle.

A DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment) is one step above a build sheet, and one step below actual order submittal to mother Ford/Dearborn for a build date. You have your invoice number with the dealership, but jack shit with Ford itself. So yes, not guaranteed. But to my knowledge, the only way you can be pushed back is for allocated vehicles. Those do have priority on the assembly line, but this is only based on parts on hand at the factory.

Example, if there's an allocated AG colored Raptor to be made, but requests for the 802A package, but the factory doesn't have some part for the 802A package on hand, and your's is an AG but with 800A package, yours will go through first since they don't need to wait on parts, and that allocated vehicle will wait a week or however long until the factory gets the required parts in stock.

But once your dealer updates you with a build date/schedule, then you know you're in.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But once your dealer updates you with a build date/schedule, then you know you're in.

Agree with everything you said. You can also use COTUS or just call FP and they will tell you your build status as well. They are very friendly and helpful.

COTUS didn't work for the 350's though. Although there's a few guys on the Shelby forum that have access to order status and would routinely check as long as you had a VIN. I'm sure they would do the same for the Raptors. Not sure if anyone here has that access, but it was very helpful.