GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buddilly

Reaction score
No. If you get a Raptor in November no matter how you option it out Ill be incredibly surprised. Safer estimates are Dec-Feb delivery if not later but who knows, Ford could surprise everyone (Dont hold your breath).

Relax and enjoy your wait because it could be lengthy.

So does this mean my choices are not affecting my delivery date? Nobody seems to want to answer the question.

I have no problem waiting...waited a year for my Lamborghini and a year for my 488...juice is worth the squeeze

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone knows why either the Raptor or some of the paint colors are late availability. Months ago, when Ford listed the paint colors, the metallic were shown as late availability. It could be that note is just left over from then and now is irrelevant since the entire truck is late for reasons we can only guess at. Or it could be that Raptors will be late and the metallic colors will be even later. Who knows. As for why the Raptor is late, well, possibly issues with some supplier, or they just don't know how popular the truck will be, so they're holding things while they see how many orders they get.

It's just a guess really.

My own guess is that they need the full production of the Dearborn plant the first month just for regular F150s and only when the Kansas City plant comes online in October will they start making Raptors in Dearborn.

buddilly

Reaction score
i don't think anyone knows why either the raptor or some of the paint colors are late availability. Months ago, when ford listed the paint colors, the metallic were shown as late availability. It could be that note is just left over from then and now is irrelevant since the entire truck is late for reasons we can only guess at. Or it could be that raptors will be late and the metallic colors will be even later. Who knows. As for why the raptor is late, well, possibly issues with some supplier, or they just don't know how popular the truck will be, so they're holding things while they see how many orders they get.

It's just a guess really.

My own guess is that they need the full production of the dearborn plant the first month just for regular f150s and only when the kansas city plant comes online in october will they start making raptors in dearborn.

thank you !

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So does this mean my choices are not affecting my delivery date? Nobody seems to want to answer the question.

Maybe...The only option that I can think of that will affect the delivery date is if you chose Ingot Silver, Shadow Black, or Magnetic (your choice) as a paint color. Those are all supposedly "late availability" options. No one knows what that means or when late availability is since the Raptor is already a late availability model compared to the regular f-150.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. If you get a Raptor in November no matter how you option it out Ill be incredibly surprised. Safer estimates are Dec-Feb delivery if not later but who knows, Ford could surprise everyone (Dont hold your breath).

Relax and enjoy your wait because it could be lengthy.

Well, someone is probably going to get a Raptor in November. And someone else won't get theirs until January maybe. If they start production mid October, then the trucks will start arriving at dealers soon after. The question is how many Raptors can Ford build per week, where on your dealer's list you are, how many build allocations the dealer you ordered with gets, how many non-Raptor orders that dealer has placed, etc.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, someone is probably going to get a Raptor in November. And someone else won't get theirs until January maybe. If they start production mid October, then the trucks will start arriving at dealers soon after. The question is how many Raptors can Ford build per week, where on your dealer's list you are, how many build allocations the dealer you ordered with gets, how many non-Raptor orders that dealer has placed, etc.

True but we dont even know when the Raptor goes into production. Does it follow the regular f150 build schedule? We dont know. Does it follow its own build schedule? We dont know. Will someone get one in November? No idea.

Ford hasnt given any information on build schedules, when order banks actually open (actual submitted orders not in order limbo), etc.

We can speculate all day but at the end of it all no one knows yet.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, lots of if's and maybe's, but what else are we going to do for the next few months?