GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ericgulf

Reaction score
I just left dealer. I let him have my oct 12th mystery ramp 59 never going to get here setting in the snow and ice over 2 months 3rd party "retro fit" ******** and I took his last allocation of 5 which is a feb 6th build date for exactly the same as my 1st build and he gave it to me for same price as 1st build since it's fords mess. Hell I might get this new build b4 he gets the oct 12th first allocation ****** up truck. I have some peice of mind knowing it will hopefully be a fresh off the line build instead of this ramp 59 two or three months later ********. Obviously something is or was wrong with them on top of all the other ********.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went to my dealer today as well.

Somehow i got bumped form #2 allocation to #3.

Their #1 allocation built in october is stuck on ramp 59 with no ETA.
Allocation #2 has a scheduled build date of 1/16.

Mine should follow. as they do not have any order after mine (5 total)

what was interesting is as i was talking to the guy who puts the orders in, he said that their local ford rep calls them and asks which order goes next in their que.

Prior readings let me to believe it was automated by ford processing once it was in their system, and it was for lack of a better term a lottery when your order was pulled.

interesting info.

HUFN8OR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't do it. Every vehicle has to be delivered to the associated dealership so that everyone gets their taxes, markup, profit, numbers, etc.

It's a racket that the auto makers put in place early in the auto business and has been bolstered by the government ever since to prevent consumers from being able to go directly to the manufacturer for purchase.

The TV show "Adam Ruins Everything" has an episode covering this scam.

akaie15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't do it. Every vehicle has to be delivered to the associated dealership so that everyone gets their taxes, markup, profit, numbers, etc.

It's a racket that the auto makers put in place early in the auto business and has been bolstered by the government ever since to prevent consumers from being able to go directly to the manufacturer for purchase.

The TV show "Adam Ruins Everything" has an episode covering this scam.

It's the reason there are no Tesla dealerships in Michigan.

PW2006

Reaction score
Checked in with Ford Service on Facebook today. Still no ETA... but it has started to move! "No ETA, but it was released and then picked up by transportation. Shouldn't be too much longer now. Sarah"

Blue SCREW 802a w/spray in bed liner. Built Nov 1.

Slade

Reaction score
Checked in with Ford Service on Facebook today. Still no ETA... but it has started to move! "No ETA, but it was released and then picked up by transportation. Shouldn't be too much longer now. �� Sarah"

Blue SCREW 802a w/spray in bed liner. Built Nov 1.

This is great news! Mine SCREW 802a w / bedliner...built Nov 1. Maybe mine is moving too.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to my dealer today as well.

Somehow i got bumped form #2 allocation to #3.

Their #1 allocation built in october is stuck on ramp 59 with no ETA.
Allocation #2 has a scheduled build date of 1/16.

Mine should follow. as they do not have any order after mine (5 total)

what was interesting is as i was talking to the guy who puts the orders in, he said that their local ford rep calls them and asks which order goes next in their que.

Prior readings let me to believe it was automated by ford processing once it was in their system, and it was for lack of a better term a lottery when your order was pulled.

interesting info.

Which dealership did you go to? And did they sell to you at MSRP? I am currently on the hunt for open allocation to order and live North of Chicago. Thanks.