GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lambchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also at 59. Very seriously considering re-ordering. Folks, if these trucks aren't inbound /delivered buy second week of January, something is very seriously screwed up. I'm about over it.

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also at 59. Very seriously considering re-ordering. Folks, if these trucks aren't inbound /delivered buy second week of January, something is very seriously screwed up. I'm about over it.

I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking about just reordering one too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking about just reordering one too...

I would keep considering.

Think of it similar to finding a problem on a computer you just bought, at 4:55 PM on a Friday. You’re sitting on hold on the phone and you’re worried that you won’t get tech support before they leave for the weekend. at 4:59 you decide to hang up and call back in. You might get right through or you might end up on hold again or you might get ‘call back when we’re in the office’.

if this was a normal production vehicle, cancelling / reordering may get you into the vehicle faster, but since this vehicle is ‘allocated’ maybe not. Your dealer would have to be on board with it and you don’t actually know that it will save you time. Assuming your dealer has allocations available to spare and you do this, you would start the order process all over again. would you beat your previous delivery? Who knows?

Do you want it right, or do you want it fast? The 2 are mutually exclusive in this context. In the early 2000’s Ford released a Mustang Cobra that was rated at 320 hp, but numerous customer dyno results showed that was a fantasy, the previous model cars were making more power. Ford eventually made that right, but it was a pain for the customers. We don’t know what the hold up is or how serious it is, but we know it’s “line correctable” because customers are getting the trucks now. It’s logistically and financially very difficult to stop / halt current production, correct all previously built units, then resume production when they can simply incorporate the fix into current prod models.

Let them fix the already built units. Live life, the internet will still be here when the truck arrives.

Ericgulf

Reaction score
I'm considering letting my oct 12th truck that no one knows anything about other then ramp 59 since built go and taking my dealers last allocation for feb 6th build. I don't like the idea of my truck sitting out in snow and ice and whatever else for over 2 months. Don't like the idea of 3rd party "fixing" whatever was wrong with it that ford won't say. And don't like the idea of ford employees driving and "testing" my truck before I get it. **** it wait another month and get a fresh off the line no retro fit truck. Might not even see the oct 12th built truck by feb. Who the **** knows. Ford ain't saying shit.

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering letting my oct 12th truck that no one knows anything about other then ramp 59 since built go and taking my dealers last allocation for feb 6th build. I don't like the idea of my truck sitting out in snow and ice and whatever else for over 2 months. Don't like the idea of 3rd party "fixing" whatever was wrong with it that ford won't say. And don't like the idea of ford employees driving and "testing" my truck before I get it. **** it wait another month and get a fresh off the line no retro fit truck. Might not even see the oct 12th built truck by feb. Who the **** knows. Ford ain't saying shit.

I'm right there with you!!!

Scrappy Doo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I would do this for sure. Pending you can pick your options and the price is the same.

I'm leaning towards just having the dealer sell mine and I'll reorder for 2018. .

lambchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the comments. I'm a relatively bright individual and in no way do I consider a truck that is apparently being re worked for 60 days after its assembly to be in any way shape form or fashion the same as being placed on perma-hold with the cable company.

I'm pleased that Ford is doing whatever is necessary to remedy whatever they have discovered and believe that to be to my benefit, as theirs. That being said, if the they can not see fit to deliver said truck after 90 days of it lingering around, I simply don't want it. People who had trucks built in december have had trucks delivered.

I don't plan on cutting my nose to spite my face, however, if my dealer has a later build option, I'll jump on it.

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One caveat to reordering vs. waiting on your already built unit - the base price of a SCREW (for instance) has went up $535 - your already built unit is locked in at the old price.