GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmarko

Reaction score
There is going to be some heartbreak in here as some people who ordered in July are still waiting for a VIN while others who ordered in Aug/Sept. are taking delivery of their trucks. It happened to me with my GT350. I ordered within days of the books opening in April, only to watch May and June orders take delivery while I waited for a VIN and build date. :(

where are you at? I'm wondering if it has to do with size of dealer or region??? I'm one of the July orders with no action yet...

phirinc

Reaction score
My experience

Ordered my screw today from Crown in Nashville. Good tradein and msrp. I went to bowlinggreen, they were willing to go 800 under msrp with priority of 10, they had 2 already ordered, unfortunately they didn't offer me a good tradein. Two rivers wanted 2500 over msrp. Franklin ford didn't want to deal with a tradein at all. Murfreesboro wanted 2500 over msrp. If I didn't have a trade-in, I am sure bowlingreen would have did even more discount, not too many people looking there, small town and they own 2 dealerships. Now the dreaded wait.

gravedgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where are you at? I'm wondering if it has to do with size of dealer or region??? I'm one of the July orders with no action yet...

I'm in the Atlanta region.

But to be clear I ordered a '16 GT350 from a very high volume Atlanta dealer who was unable to get a build date or VIN for almost 5 months while others were being built despite ordering after me (from other dealers).

I then tried ordering a '17 GT350 from a small dealer in Michigan (March or April). This time, I had their first and possibly only allocation and the order was in way before Job 1. However, when production started up, people who had placed orders in May and June were taking delivery of their cars while my order sat without a VIN or build date.

What does this have to do with Raptors? Simply the fact that the date you ordered has nothing to do with when your truck will be built or what priority your order will have against other orders from other dealers. The only (semi) guarantee is that allocation #1 for a dealer will be built before allocation #2 for the same dealer, which will be built before allocation #3 for the same dealer - assuming the dealer set the priority numbers to match the allocation numbers (lower the order #, lower the priority #).

cmarko

Reaction score
I'm in the Atlanta region.

But to be clear I ordered a '16 GT350 from a very high volume Atlanta dealer who was unable to get a build date or VIN for almost 5 months while others were being built despite ordering after me (from other dealers).

I then tried ordering a '17 GT350 from a small dealer in Michigan (March or April). This time, I had their first and possibly only allocation and the order was in way before Job 1. However, when production started up, people who had placed orders in May and June were taking delivery of their cars while my order sat without a VIN or build date.

What does this have to do with Raptors? Simply the fact that the date you ordered has nothing to do with when your truck will be built or what priority your order will have against other orders from other dealers. The only (semi) guarantee is that allocation #1 for a dealer will be built before allocation #2 for the same dealer, which will be built before allocation #3 for the same dealer - assuming the dealer set the priority numbers to match the allocation numbers (lower the order #, lower the priority #).

Guess that blows that theory....

Wild that July orders are getting put behind August orders. I would lover to hear an explanation...

I'm in MT. small to medium sized dealer with 5 allocations.

gravedgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess that blows that theory....

Wild that July orders are getting put behind August orders. I would lover to hear an explanation...

I'm in MT. small to medium sized dealer with 5 allocations.

I have not yet been able to figure out if they have some sort of automated software or manual algorithm by which they decide which region, dealer, platform and/or quantity is selected for production - or if it is completely haphazard and at the whims of the regional reps.

Sometimes, it seems a little of both.

And no one I've spoken to knows either. At one point, I was searching for a number to call my regional rep and ended up with some VPs number - he had no clue (and wondered how I had gotten his number) and sent me back to the dealer.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone thats looking for an msrp deal on a raptor, please pm me, im thinking of dropping my order it is unscheduled clean right now. Super good small town dealer. No down payment, for me anyway but out of staters may require one.

cmarko

Reaction score
I have not yet been able to figure out if they have some sort of automated software or manual algorithm by which they decide which region, dealer, platform and/or quantity is selected for production - or if it is completely haphazard and at the whims of the regional reps.

Sometimes, it seems a little of both.

And no one I've spoken to knows either. At one point, I was searching for a number to call my regional rep and ended up with some VPs number - he had no clue (and wondered how I had gotten his number) and sent me back to the dealer.

ahaha, that's great that you wound up with some VP wondering how you got his number.

yeah go back to the dealer.... we all know more on here than our dealers!

I'll call for another update tomorrow and post after.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my screw today from Crown in Nashville. Good tradein and msrp. I went to bowlinggreen, they were willing to go 800 under msrp with priority of 10, they had 2 already ordered, unfortunately they didn't offer me a good tradein. Two rivers wanted 2500 over msrp. Franklin ford didn't want to deal with a tradein at all. Murfreesboro wanted 2500 over msrp. If I didn't have a trade-in, I am sure bowlingreen would have did even more discount, not too many people looking there, small town and they own 2 dealerships. Now the dreaded wait.

Franklin ford will deal if it benefits them. Wouldn't buy from them. The GM is an arse. And their service department leave little to be desired. Took them 4 weeks to figure out how to install remote access on my 13 raptor.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Franklin ford will deal if it benefits them. Wouldn't buy from them. The GM is an arse. And their service department leave little to be desired. Took them 4 weeks to figure out how to install remote access on my 13 raptor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alotajs