GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmarko

Reaction score
My order was 7/26 and I have no build date or vin. My dealer doesn't know much. I have contacted Ford Performance weekly for the past 3 weeks and been told that they see the order but have not scheduled it yet. Frustrating. My current Raptor has 140k miles as a result I am anxious to get it replaced.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it has a lot to do with numbers and accolades...I think ,y dealer said they had 4 allocations for this year, I supposedly ordered 2nd which may have ended up being first if no one deposited for the first before me. They sell a decent volume of trucks and have a rather larger stock of truck in the area always on the lot. They have also won Ford's president award for the last several years, not sure of these details, but everyone that works there is always pretty proud of it. I suspect beyond monetary bonuses it possibly gets them something else? They were the first and only in the area I could get a Shelby GT500 ordered with also, maybe coincidence but I ordered one and received it 9/06 as a '07 model. I do not claim any as factual or even hearsay, just what I have experienced.
I originally ordered end of July, went back in beginning of august to check up and delete orange interior only to find out sales guy quit, but I was still in the system - at which time we solidified into Ford and I deposited money down.
Again, Im cautiously optimistic at this point, but I feel everyone's frustrations.

gravedgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is going to be some heartbreak in here as some people who ordered in July are still waiting for a VIN while others who ordered in Aug/Sept. are taking delivery of their trucks. It happened to me with my GT350. I ordered within days of the books opening in April, only to watch May and June orders take delivery while I waited for a VIN and build date. :(

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered on 9-13. I'm supposedly the 2nd allocation of 3. My dealer told me today (when I asked the priority code) that there is no code assigned until it gets pulled for order. But when they pull it -it will be 10...??
My question is; don't they assign a priority number when you order??

poison123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered on 9-13. I'm supposedly the 2nd allocation of 3. My dealer told me today (when I asked the priority code) that there is no code assigned until it gets pulled for order. But when they pull it -it will be 10...??
My question is; don't they assign a priority number when you order??

LOL so your dealer is lieing to you.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I confirmed the order with ford performance (through Facebook) and its in processing. So wouldn't there be a priority code at the dealer? Edit: ford service I mean