GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This whole process make no f**king sense to me.. People who have ordered after me have VIN's and build dates, and I've got nothing. Can anyone make some sense of this craziness?

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they doing the "batch" thing again where they are building certain colors with certain options only and then scheduling everything else after?

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they doing the "batch" thing again where they are building certain colors with certain options only and then scheduling everything else after?

Does anyone know what options or colors their building first? Because it seems like it's all over the place with everyone who says they have VIN's and build dates.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what options or colors their building first? Because it seems like it's all over the place with everyone who says they have VIN's and build dates.

Well, I think the driving factor is crew cabs are coming first, with very few exceptions.

Colors shouldn't matter, can't they switch paint colors between cars?

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This whole process make no f**king sense to me.. People who have ordered after me have VIN's and build dates, and I've got nothing. Can anyone make some sense of this craziness?

It really has nothing to do with when you placed your order. It has everything to do with allocations and how many your dealer got. Currently the zone reps are handing them out on a month to month basis(as of last week). Everything seems to be done 1 month ahead. So if your dealer gets 1 allocation for November and your next on there list your order will get picked up some time this month with a build week in Nov and Vin#.

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really has nothing to do with when you placed your order. It has everything to do with allocations and how many your dealer got. Currently the zone reps are handing them out on a month to month basis(as of last week). Everything seems to be done 1 month ahead. So if your dealer gets 1 allocation for November and your next on there list your order will get picked up some time this month with a build week in Nov and Vin#.

Thanks for the info. I ordered from a bigger dealer and they had a stock order, and I was #2. Still waiting to hear something.