Trade for 2014 Raptor and wait for 2018 or Keep My 2011?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Payments go up $65 but for how many more months now compared to your previous loan?

Great question!

Funny thing is I got a great deal from them when I traded my LR4. Paid $40k for my raptor with 4k miles last year this time and put on 18k miles! Now if they give me $39k for trade I used the truck for a year and cost me $1k depreciation. They give me more I make some....

Raptors are holding there value that's for sure!

Guess we will see what happens....if I don't get what I want I will walk and still have a truck I am very very happy with.

Agree on the detail especially this time of year.....I will be buffing out brush and flying objects when off-road anyways.....

D

Deleted member 12951

Understand where you are coming from and wish you the best on the 2014 negotiations. I was making the point that monthly payments is irrelevant as if you only had 36 payments left and now extend it to say 84 for $65 more than it typically isn't a wise move but if the raptor continues to hold value like it does then it starts to make sense. Personally I am not a payment shopper and look more at what total amount I am purchasing and how large of a payment can I make to pay it off the soonest.

If you only knew what my actual payments were compared to the payment amount the bank needs each month. Also paying off a huge mod bill too.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understand where you are coming from and wish you the best on the 2014 negotiations. I was making the point that monthly payments is irrelevant as if you only had 36 payments left and now extend it to say 84 for $65 more than it typically isn't a wise move but if the raptor continues to hold value like it does then it starts to make sense. Personally I am not a payment shopper and look more at what total amount I am purchasing and how large of a payment can I make to pay it off the soonest.

If you only knew what my actual payments were compared to the payment amount the bank needs each month. Also paying off a huge mod bill too.

Yes I agree with you and know where your coming from. However I never keep a vehicle for more than three years. I get bored quickly. Also I know I will want a 2018 Raptor when they put the TTV8 in there!!!

I have been smart or lucky depends on how you look at it that I always have about $5k in equity on all of my trades. I am a crazy car person! Bought a 15 Camaro 1LE last year and thinking about trading for a new Stingray already!

It really comes down to if the deals make sense. I pay to play per say and enjoy every mile and drive what I want to drive, life is too short!:)

With interest rates being so low and my credit good I have never paid more than 4%. I will take there financing and refinance at a credit union for 2.19% for 72 months and not have a payment for 5 months! These funds will go to principle as I will still make payments. Sell the beadlock wheels and tires and get the rear entertainment DVD's for the kids:)

If I don't like the deal I will walk. Biggest PIA is removing everything to transfer over to the new truck and then making a window tint appt.

I do appreciate this convo guys very cool group!

Last edited:

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow you have an 11 6.2 with 23k on it! if my truck on had 23k on it, it would be under a cover in the garage

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up option #2 the previous owner of the SE #3 smoked in the truck and just didn't take care of it. Wheels gouged large deep scratching on the drivers door from the key and cigarette in hand is my guess.

Really liked the red brick interior though...

Time to switch everything over:)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

So you bought the SE with smoke smell? Man I would take one lean in that and walk away but then again I don't smoke.