Tired of the drone. Need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ozraptor

Reaction score
Guys, I only have the Flowmaster 40 and i love the sound but my god i am getting so tired of the drone.
Base on everyone's experiences can we get a list of different ( loud ) mufflers or cat back setups that has little to no drone ?

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my local custom muffler shop install a straight through muffler with an 'front of the rear tire exit' (single tube); no drone!

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have the Flowmaster 40. I love the sound and just deal with the occasional drone by turning up the tunes.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
get rid of the Dronemaster and you cant go wrong with Corsa or Borla both well made systems with a different sound. i will be getting my Borla custom set up done end of the week and will post pics and vid when done. i had a custom Borla set up on my fx4 and had no drone.2011 F 150 Borla True Duals. - YouTube

SQAudiophile

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Rajin Cajun

Reaction score
I've been considering the Borla setup but I'm trying to find some installed near me so I can decide between the Touring & Stinger systems. I've watched clips on YouTube but no one puts which of the systems that they are running. And besides that, hearing it on YouTube doesn't really capture the actual sound...

Stainless Works

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Check out the Stainless Works Catback for best sound, performance and value. We exclusively use 304L stainless steel which is american sourced, very high quality, no thin recycled pop can material here!

ftrpt10cby.jpg