Tips searching the country for raptor r

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
ADM is why you’re seeing a LOT of used RR’s on the market. A lot of people - probably some FRF bit off more than they could financially chew. Now with stupid interest rates, it makes stupid ADM stupid squared. It doesn’t get much more stupid.

You can score a Raptor for under MSRP now and not play the stupid ADM games with the RR. Or just be a hard nosed negotiator and stay on top of the ones available and make it clear MSRP is the top of your willingness to pay, non negotiable. Eventually, someone will give; maybe one of them, maybe you but if you’re not in a hurry and are willing to put in the legwork it’s possible.

tmoss15

Reaction score
I did a ton of research and can confirm that most are presold. The ones that aren’t they want significant ADMs. I didn’t find any that would sell to me for MSRP. I ended up with a regular Raptor at MSRP and I’ve been happy with that. Maybe time will prove that the 2024s are will come down to MSRP within a few months.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I notice 2 local ford dealers don't list on Cars.com but still on autotrader

I think there's some good links on here but what I've done in general is just search bout Auto & Cars.com and favorite/save the searchess for each site. Can just refresh the page daily/weekly without inputing all the filters again.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Thank you all! After reading all the responses...I think that answered my question. I don't think I will bother with dealers right now. I don't want the truck that bad to fight with every dealer trying to "sweet" talk them into letting me have the truck at msrp. I understand supply/demand so I guess more power to them. I just can't stand dealerships. Most reviewers between TRX and Raptor R say that the RR isn't worth the added expense. Yes, if you could get both at msrp, the RR is better. But right now I can get a new TRX for $14k under msrp...and while I know it will depreciate a little more than the RR, I think it's the better buy right now.
There is a reason they are $14K under. But enjoy it and good luck!

MKW1456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all! After reading all the responses...I think that answered my question. I don't think I will bother with dealers right now. I don't want the truck that bad to fight with every dealer trying to "sweet" talk them into letting me have the truck at msrp. I understand supply/demand so I guess more power to them. I just can't stand dealerships. Most reviewers between TRX and Raptor R say that the RR isn't worth the added expense. Yes, if you could get both at msrp, the RR is better. But right now I can get a new TRX for $14k under msrp...and while I know it will depreciate a little more than the RR, I think it's the better buy right now.
I’ve had both. Sold the R after 6 weeks. Now back in a 37 Raptor and still have the 23 TRX.
At this point in time I can say the Raptor rides better. The R will hold its value better. As far as a daily and regular off roader the TRX definitely gets my vote (compared to the R) and at a much more reasonable price point (still stupid expensive). The interior is far better in the TRX.

The only reason I’m disappointed I sold the R ( and I made a quick 20k) is the resale value down the road compared to the TRX.

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve had both. Sold the R after 6 weeks. Now back in a 37 Raptor and still have the 23 TRX.
At this point in time I can say the Raptor rides better. The R will hold its value better. As far as a daily and regular off roader the TRX definitely gets my vote (compared to the R) and at a much more reasonable price point (still stupid expensive). The interior is far better in the TRX.

The only reason I’m disappointed I sold the R ( and I made a quick 20k) is the resale value down the road compared to the TRX.
You’re the first person I’ve seen say they prefer the TRX as the daily and/or regular off-roader. Most don’t like the weight or heavy steering feel compared to the R, and the R suspension is considered superior by everyone which would lend itself to being better off road. The TRX interior is better for sure though.

With that being said, why would you prefer the TRX as a daily and/or regular off-roader?

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score

Wow that's interesting! So how does the 37 Raptor compare with the 23 TRX? I was tossing around the idea of getting a new 37 raptor instead. And as a daily, you said you would pick the TRX...like the other member...mind sharing a little more on why? I assume maybe interior and fun factor? Thanks again!