Thinking of selling MY24 Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No it's plenty fast, even from a roll. I just don't drive that fast very frequently, I usually have a 3 year-old with me.

My only real concern is longevity since I daily drive it. It might do better than the eco, it might shit the bed at 62,000 miles. No one knows.
If thats your worry then buy an extended warranty from flood ford . They aren’t too expensive from them

rao26

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, I have no regrets at all. However I did really like the R, it just didn't fit the bill for what I wanted.
How does a regular raptor fit the bill better than an R? Did it not fit in the garage or something or did the price difference not make sense?

Ifly4vamerica

Reaction score
LOL, I was trying to avoid explaining as I can feel the flames coming.

I take that truck hunting and fishing quite a bit, I sometimes tow with it, there are places I take it that it doesn't make sense to tow with the F350. I usually tow my overland trailer an AOR Odyssey 11. Other times we need the f350 for the boat and use the Raptor for the trailer.

The power band on the R just didn't lend itself to towing, any hill or wind and we'd be at 3500 rpms. Not that the power wasn't there, just not ideal. The shift points also were quite harsh. All to be expected, as the truck wasn't really designed for this.

The gas mileage while towing was about 5-6 MPG I don't really care about the money for gas but stopping to fill up every 180-200 miles was annoying. Also places in Utah weren't doable with the R unless I took lots of extra gas. Even without towing I needed more extra gas than I preferred to take.

The other thing was the noise, I absolutely loved the exhaust until I was on the freeway heading to Montana for a hunt. Even in quiet mode it was to droning for me. Not to mention the dog wouldn't sleep on the backseat, he hated it. LOL

Anyway the V6 mitigated all these issues for me. While it isn't designed to really tow, it tows fine when I need it to. And for the 10% of the time I need it to I am not going to buy another F350. The V6 is much quieter, and gas mileage is 9-10 when towing. V6 has the power in a better place for towing also and the shifts are much better.

Just to comment on the price difference, that really had no bearing on it for me. I did think I was going to take a bath on the R when I traded it, but I hit it right at the perfect time. Train had just dumped a ton of 2024 V6's off here in NM and I had 4 or 5 dealers fighting to get the R and sell me a V6. So that worked out too, for the first time ever for me.

So that's about it, somebody else may have different needs, if the Prius was better at towing I would just buy one of those. LOL

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, I was trying to avoid explaining as I can feel the flames coming.

I take that truck hunting and fishing quite a bit, I sometimes tow with it, there are places I take it that it doesn't make sense to tow with the F350. I usually tow my overland trailer an AOR Odyssey 11. Other times we need the f350 for the boat and use the Raptor for the trailer.

The power band on the R just didn't lend itself to towing, any hill or wind and we'd be at 3500 rpms. Not that the power wasn't there, just not ideal. The shift points also were quite harsh. All to be expected, as the truck wasn't really designed for this.

The gas mileage while towing was about 5-6 MPG I don't really care about the money for gas but stopping to fill up every 180-200 miles was annoying. Also places in Utah weren't doable with the R unless I took lots of extra gas. Even without towing I needed more extra gas than I preferred to take.

The other thing was the noise, I absolutely loved the exhaust until I was on the freeway heading to Montana for a hunt. Even in quiet mode it was to droning for me. Not to mention the dog wouldn't sleep on the backseat, he hated it. LOL

Anyway the V6 mitigated all these issues for me. While it isn't designed to really tow, it tows fine when I need it to. And for the 10% of the time I need it to I am not going to buy another F350. The V6 is much quieter, and gas mileage is 9-10 when towing. V6 has the power in a better place for towing also and the shifts are much better.

Just to comment on the price difference, that really had no bearing on it for me. I did think I was going to take a bath on the R when I traded it, but I hit it right at the perfect time. Train had just dumped a ton of 2024 V6's off here in NM and I had 4 or 5 dealers fighting to get the R and sell me a V6. So that worked out too, for the first time ever for me.

So that's about it, somebody else may have different needs, if the Prius was better at towing I would just buy one of those. LOL
200.gif