"The Yeti" - 2013 Raptor build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Bird what did u do with ur stock hid lights?

Raptor Retrofit took them, we worked out a trade deal.

Bird,

Don't forget the tip that regular F150 spindles will work. Just in case the local dealer or autoparts store says the paint on the Raptor spindles makes them super special

Good point, I will mention it when I do my spindle install write up.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Birdie, let me know if you would like to acquire some raffle tickets for 65 qt Yeti Tundra Cooler that we are raffling off on 9 Nov to support our Bill Nichols AL - State Veteran's home. It sure would go nice with that Yeti build. $5 each or 3 for $10.

I just had to call you out since this is a Yeti build.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Ok so new spindles with TIG welded SDHQ gussets are en route. I also upgraded to the SDHQ tie rods with double shear spindle mount. I think this will be one hell of a heavy duty solution for the Raptor's steering components and IMO a necessity if you're going to off-road hard. I will plan to do a full install write up once I receive the parts!

95f4aeb7-aff9-4432-aa97-348ea3dd89c2.jpg

Raptor Spindle Gusset

sdhq-spindle-gusett.jpg

SDHQ Ford Raptor Heim Steering Tie Rod Upgrade

DSC03406.jpg

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
So you plan on going off-road in that pretty little Sheep? And going H.A.M??? I'll wait for the videos...lol

I do. And as such I am doing my best to minimize weak links. The spindles are a weak point and if one of them breaks at best you're going to destroy a good portion of your suspension and fender...at worst you will lose complete control of the truck. And die.

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so new spindles with TIG welded SDHQ gussets are en route. I also upgraded to the SDHQ tie rods with double shear spindle mount. I think this will be one hell of a heavy duty solution for the Raptor's steering components and IMO a necessity if you're going to off-road hard. I will plan to do a full install write up once I receive the parts!

95f4aeb7-aff9-4432-aa97-348ea3dd89c2.jpg

Raptor Spindle Gusset

sdhq-spindle-gusett.jpg

SDHQ Ford Raptor Heim Steering Tie Rod Upgrade

DSC03406.jpg

Is that the factory ( Cast ) spindle ? if so I would be very careful my friend, from all I have read it would seem that welding steel onto cast iron is a no no.
im not a welder or expert just concerned for my forum buddies.