"The Yeti" - 2013 Raptor build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The spindle vs knuckle..... I secretly hate when people call them spindles... Because they're not spindles! A spindle is what older two wheel drive trucks and straight axle front ends used. They are also what some rear wheel drive cars would use. A raptor has no "spindle" because instead we have one piece hub designs that bolt to the STEERING KNUCKLE. The spindle is the shaft that would secure and give the removable wheel bearings a place to ride. By calling them spindles, you're basically saying your raptor is a two wheel drive, or a Datsun pick up, or crown vic, or the rear suspension of a Honda civic. At this point, we might as well call the 6.2 a V6. Anyways. Continue on.
My STEERING KNUCKLES
View attachment 35945

Now I know why I can't find piston rings for my Mazda RX 8

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The spindle vs knuckle..... I secretly hate when people call them spindles... Because they're not spindles! A spindle is what older two wheel drive trucks and straight axle front ends used. They are also what some rear wheel drive cars would use. A raptor has no "spindle" because instead we have one piece hub designs that bolt to the STEERING KNUCKLE. The spindle is the shaft that would secure and give the removable wheel bearings a place to ride. By calling them spindles, you're basically saying your raptor is a two wheel drive, or a Datsun pick up, or crown vic, or the rear suspension of a Honda civic. At this point, we might as well call the 6.2 a V6. Anyways. Continue on.
My STEERING KNUCKLES
35945d1382582107-yeti-2013-raptor-build-image.jpg

Yours look like mine :happy107: ... well except yours are way prettier with that fresh paint. Wish mine still were that shinny after all the abuse they have seen.

Last edited:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yours look like mine :happy107: ... well except yours are way prettier with that fresh paint. Wish mine still were that shinny after all the abuse they've have seen.

Oh they're not pretty anymore. Think I took that pic seven months ago??
Raptor got some goods that day, tie rods, steel braided lines, ebc pads, and new gusseted KNUCKLES
image.jpg

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Loctitie and Snickers wrappers will get tossed around the Birdman garage tomorrow