"The Yeti" - 2013 Raptor build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know what you mean Bird but it don't take long and you realize it look's good and you don't remember the old one. You could glue some hair around the intake with a set of ball's so you know you have a man truck. Inside performance out side looks

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AFE intake arrived today. I finally broke down and decided to try it out. So far, I am only sorry that I waited so long to do this.

However, I do have some complaints.

The Bad:
I don't like how the entire "6.2L" air box gets removed from the throttle body. I thought I would be OK with it...but I don't like the way it looks.

The hoses that are connected to the air box with clips now do not have a home...I zip tied them to the nearest viable location but, ehhhh.

The Good:
My truck's exhaust note completely changed tone and has entered another level of BEAST MODE to the point where I can feel the throaty growl in the gas pedal.

Mike from 5 Star is the man...he hooked me up with a 91 Performance tune for the AFE intake. The seat of the pants power increase is definite and significant. The shift transitions feel smoother and the power is just right there.

Besides my complaints above, the intake its self is attractive and fits very well. Overall I would recommend this mod for a little more smile factor, if you can get past the somewhat awkward under the hood look.

Do you know if there is any restrictive baffling where the 6.2 air box is located? Also my 91 tune is super jumpy and surging. I am contacting mike tomorrow about it. Wish my mods had a better turn out :(

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Installed my JL 250/1 and JL W0 sub/amp combo that I had in my 2010. Not sure why I waited so long, it sounds great. I tuned the amp with the bass setting on the head unit set pretty low so my speakers actually handle high volume fairly well with the woofer doing good work to fill the lows.

Next mods on the way are a KC HiLites 30" for the upper grille and an ICON bump kit. I will have full install write ups for both.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Any particular reason you went with KC?

I got a good deal on it so it was about the same as an M+R. However they middle of the road between M+R and Rigid as far as retail pricing. I will do a comparison of the M+R and KC. KC claims although their advertised output is the same as the cheaper lights that their actual output is higher. We shall see.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I got a good deal on it so it was about the same as an M+R. However they middle of the road between M+R and Rigid as far as retail pricing. I will do a comparison of the M+R and KC. KC claims although their advertised output is the same as the cheaper lights that their actual output is higher. We shall see.

Looking forward to seeing the results. Is KC American?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronn