"The Yeti" - 2013 Raptor build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, all this talk about STD's across the site...makes one wonder. :)

This is one awesome build thread, please keep the mods coming Bird!

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
AFE intake arrived today. I finally broke down and decided to try it out. So far, I am only sorry that I waited so long to do this.

However, I do have some complaints.

The Bad:
I don't like how the entire "6.2L" air box gets removed from the throttle body. I thought I would be OK with it...but I don't like the way it looks.

The hoses that are connected to the air box with clips now do not have a home...I zip tied them to the nearest viable location but, ehhhh.

The Good:
My truck's exhaust note completely changed tone and has entered another level of BEAST MODE to the point where I can feel the throaty growl in the gas pedal.

Mike from 5 Star is the man...he hooked me up with a 91 Performance tune for the AFE intake. The seat of the pants power increase is definite and significant. The shift transitions feel smoother and the power is just right there.

Besides my complaints above, the intake its self is attractive and fits very well. Overall I would recommend this mod for a little more smile factor, if you can get past the somewhat awkward under the hood look.

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Birdie there might be a cloneish pre-runner bumper being ordered in the next week. Brace yourself for your Silver twin being born this summer. Just need those 'real' paychecks to start coming in. :laughing1:

I was pretty turned off aftermarket bumpers until I saw how well yours turned out. Might ask RPG for a finders fee haha

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which filter did you get with it? I love y dry filter side I can take it out wash it out let it dry and it's good to go!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronn