The SnoBall-2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott1446

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solid rear lighting is better for following trucks. Flashing can be disorienting but is good for sudden stops or recovery operations. Cleaning off the taillights frequently is a good idea as well.

I hope the trails are passable at speeds of 30 or better like last year I am not so much into the creeping and towing type of off roading.

Thanks, I did not think about my flashing ambers being disorienting to the drivers behind me, I will make sure they are on solid and make them flash to warn the drivers behind me when needed.

Mine are mounted inside the cab right behind the rear seat headrests, no distracting light inside cab.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The flashing is not bad if you are very far apart just as you get closer.

11" in Luce county last night and 6-10 just below the bridge!!

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone.

Just got back from the Pre-Run last night.........EPIC!!! :chewie:

While I have attended a number of Raptor Runs, this was my first Pre-Run. It gave me a Huge appreciation for the time, planning and teamwork that goes into insuring attendees have an incredible and safe experience.

We are all gonna have an amazing time in a few weeks and I can't wait to get back up their again.

As a side note to those that have asked, we also did some field testing of Light Cannon Covers to determine what would work best in snow and white out/snow dusting from the truck in front of you. We had a set of clear spots, ambers spots and blues euros with us.

The clears threw the light the furthest, but also (and not surprising) gave the most reflection back at you in snow dusting conditions. The Ambers worked great, but Blues took the Win. While the euro pattern did not throw the light the furthest, it did give great peripheral lighting and the Blues cut practically all of the snow dusting effects with no reflection..We were impressed. Blue spots would probably be the best overall.

Be sure to triple check your Required and Recommended Item list. Deep snow boots and warm clothing/hats/gloves are critical. We saw lots of deep snow (and its only going to get deeper in the next few weeks) and the temps ranged from 0 to -14 the entire weekend, not including the windchill.

See you in a couple of weeks!

image_zpseb5fbafa.jpg
image_zps3eb16c45.jpg
image_zps397ce663.jpg
image_zpsc4648488.jpg
image_zpsc62ed29f.jpg
image_zpsb9eddca9.jpg
image_zpsfc37bbff.jpg

Last edited:

pwjstruebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 questions:

(Hopefully it hasn't already been posted.)

1. Who is doing the driver/co-driver names for the truck this year? i.e..
39351d1388451632-snoball-2014-uploadfromtaptalk1388451630180.jpg

2. Do we know our truck number and team yet?

Last year I was able to have a friend print off a bunch of names and flags for who ever wanted them. I have had a few requests already again but I am going to have to use a different guy this year. I am going in today to see what he can do for me this year. (well next year, i guess) I will let you guys know if I can get them printed or not and then will have you all e-mail me names.

Pre-run looks great!! See you all in a few weeks!!! :signs1: