The SnoBall-2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doc I believe you are referring to the traffic advisory lights? Those deck mounts are the ones used in police and fire vehicles. If it is those they would be bright. Not sure how you would secure them and whether or not you might get some reflection inside the cab if placed inside. I had previously considered something like that but figured the kids would mess with it.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

For those who did the pre-run, do you think a pair of Whelen Vertex ambers mounted high on my WSI light bar provide enough light for the truck behind you? I am recycling a pair if amber D2 from my old setup and could mount them up there too. That would be pretty bright though and definitely would have to aim them down.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the deck mount light in the rear of the truck. There is not to much glare. I will try to piece together a quick iPhone video of it working on my truck. It looks fine at night. I am wondering how effective it will be durning the daytime hours. They do also come in amber rather than the red or blue which would be bad.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doc I believe you are referring to the traffic advisory lights? Those deck mounts are the ones used in police and fire vehicles. If it is those they would be bright. Not sure how you would secure them and whether or not you might get some reflection inside the cab if placed inside. I had previously considered something like that but figured the kids would mess with it.

I was thinking of this in all amber:

http://www.online-led-store.com/emergency-vehicle-dash-warning-lights-p/pszledstb0441.htm

Just wasn't sure about mounting it on the vertical rear window, as opposed to a sloped windshield.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2 questions:

(Hopefully it hasn't already been posted.)

1. Who is doing the driver/co-driver names for the truck this year? i.e..
39351d1388451632-snoball-2014-uploadfromtaptalk1388451630180.jpg

2. Do we know our truck number and team yet?

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Solid rear lighting is better for following trucks. Flashing can be disorienting but is good for sudden stops or recovery operations. Cleaning off the taillights frequently is a good idea as well.

I hope the trails are passable at speeds of 30 or better like last year I am not so much into the creeping and towing type of off roading.