The SnoBall-2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is ******** but I'm not bullshitting ya.

The truck shouldn't be this broken at its age and my use and the dealer shouldn't take this long to identify and fix the issue. I should have left it downstate...

Transfer case shift motor
Dorman 600-928

-Greg (aka Squatting Dog)

Last edited:

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well with all the truckS going down I am afraid to drive. My issues are minor and I am thankful. So first problem was 3 days ago 2 very close calls with other cars in 1 day. Then today a big screw in the right rear tire, got it plugged and so I am for sure getting the new tires on Monday.

My issues are minor but I hope I have taken some of the bad mojo although minor on for some of you. At this rate youall have me freaked out I should park the truck until Friday to be safe.

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
What magic grenade are they installing in the transfer case? Transfer case encoder/shift motor? If so I call ******** on availability because there are 10 on amazon 4 at my local dealer -Greg (aka Squatting Dog)

That's exactly it. If there are 4 at your dealer do you know what part number it is?? They say back ordered a week and they can't order til Monday.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds to me like you need a new dealership, they don't sound too keen on keeping the customer happy or providing timely service. Plus, if they throw parts at a problem without knowing what the source of the problem is, that is a BIG red flag right there.

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I completely agree but there's not exactly another dealer around. Nearest ford store is just over an hour away. :(

I'd switch in a heartbeat if I could. This is the 3rd time they've had my truck for really the same issue -- clunk in 4wd. I took it in first back in early/mid December.

I'm really wound up about them leaving my truck til end of day to work on then not having the problem properly ID'd and fixed. Waiting until Monday is ********.