The right way to install GEN 2 Shocks on a GEN 1!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LateBraking

Reaction score
So I had been speaking with Doug Mikra over the last two months about getting a kit. His website is down and he told me they stopped making them because everyone are going the cheaper route of buckets. Bummer I waited too long

Bummer to me as well, I've only just finally gotten my Raptor. Waited too long to get the truck I guess, even if I jumped on the kit haha.

If he ever makes a small run again, I'm interested in being a second to your order.

181stLeader

Reaction score
Bummer to me as well, I've only just finally gotten my Raptor. Waited too long to get the truck I guess, even if I jumped on the kit haha.

If he ever makes a small run again, I'm interested in being a second to your order.
From my research it seems like there is no reason not to run the conversion buckets vs the shorter shock body mod. With the conversion buckets you get the extra 1.8" of travel and can use unmodified gen 2 shocks, so if something ever happens to the shock you can just order a new one and off you go.