The Gen 1 itch has returned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered a prerunner rear bumper from Newline Products last week. Once the bed is off, I'll do the Dovetail mod to it. The oem bumper & spare tire mount come off. I've already got the new KHC rear shock mounts, but they are much easier to install without the bed. I'm replacing the fuel pump (with 148xxx miles) for the same reason. New limit straps & Gen 2 shocks also ready to go.

Attachments

• 20240704_130054.jpg
    20240704_130054.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 6

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm considering Deavers (retaining the oem shackles) & hydraulic bumpstops too. I can build the mounts & strike pad from my stash of P&O steel plate left over from other projects. Right now I'm checking out sources to see where to mount the limit straps on the frame. They need to clear the brake lines, the exhaust, and also limit axle plunge at full droop, so they won't hang straight down, and will mount to an adjustable clevis secured to the inside of the frame.

smalls7552

Reaction score
Yeah, I should be ashamed of myself for not driving the hell out of my truck, for not doing 90 mph jumps for not tearing it up on ruff mountain roads for not putting 250,000 miles on it in a couple of years that I owned it. If I drove it like most who have unlimited resources to buy a new Raptor every other year that would be something else. Instead, I have a like new off the showroom floor 2010 SVT 6.2 Raptor with very low mileage. It has been garaged every night since I've owned it, I bought the truck with the intent to keep it for a very long time in great shape that I could enjoy. I have accomplished that and now I get to see other FRF members knock me for doing what I wanted with my Raptor.
It’s your truck brother drive it how ever you want…if anything you can say it’s your get out of dodge truck with the way our country is heading and you need it to be reliable