The Detroit Auto Show - New Raptor Unveiling Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Me too. Although I've never had a sports car before. I'd sure like to have one. I might get a red '13 gt500 coupe to go with my '13.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

What's up with the opposed shocks though? How does that improve the ride? Has any prerunner ever had opposing shock like this? I can guess that this will be everyone's first mod to mount the shock forward like the passenger side. I at least think that looks wrong.

Trucks over the years seem to go back and forth every so many years with the shock orientation.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In a round about way they do. All car companies have to abide by a strict MPG guideline which includes an average number from each car in the fleet. Now if they have a big nasty v8 in the fleet that gets 10mpg its pulling their average WAY down. These guidelines get more strict each and every year. The reason the ecoboost exists is because it needs to. If the EPA and government standards could be ignored the ecoboost wouldnt exist. By 2025 the fleet average for car makers is 54.5 mpg. Think about that for a second, 54.5mpg! Automakers cant afford to have a bunch of vehicles in the fleet running at 15mpg just because "MERICA v8 POWAAAAAAAAA". Sorry, it doesnt work like that.

If you really think any manufacturer's fleet will be running 54.5mpg in 2025, then you are a bigger idiot than you are a *********.

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

It wont change. Its so wide the government mandates side markers to be on the flairs.

Source?

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Flair:
Ric+Flair+%252811%2529.jpg

Flare:
LAPD3.jpg

There IS a difference....

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One other questions tried getting answered that stumped everyone was is the front fenders and hood fiberglass like our trucks?

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptors existing or future are not prerunners but I believe Fords reasoning behind it is to help control axle wrap.

Ya, this should eliminate wheel hop....now they need to scrub the burnout nannies out of the traction control code so that if the rear tires are down to the wear bars, one can take them the rest of the way down doing smokie burnouts with all that new-found ecoboost torque....should someone have a propensity toward that sort of thing. This has been a source of great frustration....I have heard.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One thing I also noticed is there's no 3 center DOT/Brake lights in the third brake light. I even had the model girl step on the brake pedal to be sure.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One thing I also noticed is there's no 3 center DOT/Brake lights in the third brake light. I even had the model girl step on the brake pedal to be sure.

As you saw it in person and heard the press stuff, would you say they are trying to expand the market to get more street users and demographics?

This is not a question if it is capable as a off roader but more on the lines of focus on the higher percent of people who buy a Raptor to use on the street and never hit the dirt.

Sadly this is the higher percentage and this forum is Sarge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P25e-rS4N8U

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand your comment. As a business you are always trying to get more customers and Ford is no different. If Ford truly wanted to make the Raptor a pure off-road vehicle, then they would have not equipped the Raptor with cool seats, leather seats, remote start, sync, power windows, sunroof, ect.

And no way in HELL would any manufacturer they sell a 50k vehicle without the above items.

Think about it better/stronger Raptor sales will insure a business case for future Raptor development and other like vehicles like the Bronco.

As you saw it in person and heard the press stuff, would you say they are trying to expand the market to get more street users and demographics?

This is not a question if it is capable as a off roader but more on the lines of focus on the higher percent of people who buy a Raptor to use on the street and never hit the dirt.

Sadly this is the higher percentage and this forum is Sarge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P25e-rS4N8U

Last edited: