The Complete GEN 2 Raptor Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
I don't remember specifics, nor do I care enough right now to go back and look, but they only changed a little bit in regards to the suspension on the race truck right? Seems like it would be pretty easily achievable for the average Joe to get that height/extra clearance on the new truck. Doesn't look too much different.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Just to confirm Kaiser, that is the Avalanche Grey color on the stock Scab in that picture, yes? Thanks for the info about the interiors/exhaust sound.
Yes it is. Personally, I liked it a lot (much better than Terrain, IMO), but several said it looked like primer.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I don't remember specifics, nor do I care enough right now to go back and look, but they only changed a little bit in regards to the suspension on the race truck right? Seems like it would be pretty easily achievable for the average Joe to get that height/extra clearance on the new truck. Doesn't look too much different.

Just replacement shocks and springs in the rear

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Just replacement shocks and springs in the rear
Direct quote from Greg on FB:
Roll cage, seats, fuel cell, heavier springs, and external by-pass rears but all same dia shocks as stock. We did drive shaft just due to parts availability. The stock ones are in small supply right now at the level of build on the trucks. Rock dinged the first one and had to change it but never had any issue with the stock one. The tune is actually production not special either. The engineering guys are keeping us on the same tune you will get and getting some feedback on what the truck is doing. Engine, trans, rear end, front end, axles all of that is 100% bone stock nothing touched. No added oil coolers and even stock air cleaners....... stock brake lines..... STOCK...

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

I also heard rumors that the model with no options would start around $40k. But again, just a rumor.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Wonder what a no option Raptor would look like? If true that around 40k would be very interesting.

It was available starting at $43,000 for the 6.2. I'm assuming they will do the same again but no one will buy it. Everyone wants a SCrew with all the options that take it up to $56,000

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Wonder what a no option Raptor would look like? If true that around 40k would be very interesting.
Note: All speculation on my point.
Likely vinyl interior and ditch a bunch of electronics goodies. A lot of folks forget that they could be had w/o nav in Gen 1. There was almost a $10k difference in base Super Cab and loaded Crew Cab, which is what almost all dealers ordered for themselves for their lots (more profit margin).

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes it is. Personally, I liked it a lot (much better than Terrain, IMO), but several said it looked like primer.

AG (Avalanche Grey), like terrain is a weird color. These colors need other colors to make it pop (see below). Imagine if you had an AG Raptor and wrapped the roof and side mirrors in red and then do some sort of graphic (in red) on the bed sides.

mustang-gt350-avalanche-gray-photos-2016-gt350-ag1.jpg

mywrap3.jpg