The Complete GEN 2 Raptor Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish they would add ruby red to the colour list. Love mine.

Rumor has it there is a ruby red paint for the 2017. There was a couple screen shots of what dealers can see on their order screens for the 2017 and their was a ruby red paint option.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Placement in the F-150 Line up: Contrary to what some have said, the Gen 2 Raptor will not be "just another model" such as the Lariat, or Platinum. I'm not sure if that rumor was started by some to belittle the second generation Raptor and keep some of the prestige with the current model, but just because it now falls under Ford Performance, and not SVT, doesn't mean it will change the way it's viewed. Ford still has this as an allocated vehicle, but there is no production limit. Dealerships will receive their allocated vehicles as produced, and anyone that places an order and waits, will receive one as well.

Is that last part really true? I thought the dealer had to use one of there allocations for a custom order.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Placement in the F-150 Line up: Contrary to what some have said, the Gen 2 Raptor will not be "just another model" such as the Lariat, or Platinum. I'm not sure if that rumor was started by some to belittle the second generation Raptor and keep some of the prestige with the current model, but just because it now falls under Ford Performance, and not SVT, doesn't mean it will change the way it's viewed. Ford still has this as an allocated vehicle, but there is no production limit. Dealerships will receive their allocated vehicles as produced, and anyone that places an order and waits, will receive one as well.

Is that last part really true? I thought the dealer had to use one of there allocations for a custom order.

That's how it's always been. The dealer takes a DL scan and sends it with the order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's how it's always been. The dealer takes a DL scan and sends it with the order.

+1. I've ordered two Gen 1 Raptors from a small Ford dealer locally in PA; each truck arrived in about 10 weeks. The same dealer already agreed to order me a 2017 for the same $500 over invoice.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So.......

What dealership has unlimited allocations of the Gen2 if they are going to make as many as we want? We need to locate that special dealer so that everyone who wants one can get one.......

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
So.......

What dealership has unlimited allocations of the Gen2 if they are going to make as many as we want? We need to locate that special dealer so that everyone who wants one can get one.......

Ruby, I may be confused by your post, or maybe you were confused by my initial statement. Allocations are allocations. That's based upon dealer and regional previous model year sales numbers. But in regards to ordering, any dealer who wishes to play ball with a customer with the ordering process, should have no issue ordering a 2017 for any customer who puts a down payment and waits for their truck. Allocations refer to the number of trucks they'll receive and be able to put on their lot for curb appeal and obvious mark up purposes for the Joe Shmoe/walk on buyer who pays 10K over MSRP.

SterlingE55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1. I've ordered two Gen 1 Raptors from a small Ford dealer locally in PA; each truck arrived in about 10 weeks. The same dealer already agreed to order me a 2017 for the same $500 over invoice.

Got a dealer contact?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
So.......

No dealership does, but all dealerships have no limit on customer orders. Same as before.

MostSecretAgentMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the transmission section in the OP needs to be updated/corrected. It states 1 reverse, 6 forward and 3 overdrive. That's only a total of 9 gears since revers isn't counted.