The Complete GEN 2 Raptor Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the literature is that states the production numbers/availability. My dealer is trying to say it is limited. I read here that "Production has also been said to be increased over the 2014 numbers (which were the highest of any Raptor model year). Dealerships are likely to still have them as an allocated vehicle, despite falling under Ford Performance and not the SVT badge, though this will not effect a dealers ability to submit a customer order to be built as the truck is not limited production." Is there an official citing of this?

Dealers are saying it's limited because they don't know any better. Gen 1 Raptors were "limited" in the sense that they had a certain production cap. Gen 2's, do not. But your average Joe dealer honestly isn't as informed as us on here. They have other models to worry about other than the Raptor whereas here, that's all we are into for the most part.

"Production has also been said to be increased over the 2014 numbers (which were the highest of any Raptor model year)" still holds true. The 2014 model year was the highest produced Raptor year and to the statement of Raptor production being increased over the 2014 model year, that is directly from the mouth of Jamal Hameedi months ago in an interview.

"Dealerships are likely to still have them as an allocated vehicle"
These are still an allocated vehicle to dealerships, meaning it's based on 2014 Raptor sales, and also on a percentage of regional F150 sales overall. Dealers will receive a certain amount of allocation direct from Ford.

"though this will not effect a dealers ability to submit a customer order to be built as the truck is not limited production."
The truck is not limited production. Plain and simple. Limited production does not mean "There are only 1,000 Raptors produced in 2017" It means there is no limit to the amount they can produce. Dealers will receive their allocated models as discussed before, but dealers CAN ALSO submit a CUSTOMER ORDER to Ford and the truck WILL BE MADE FOR THE CUSTOMER. Therefore, there is no limit to the amount produced. Dealers currently are working on old figures/strategy until they hear different. It's also in their best interest to milk the most out of what they do receive, instead of submit limitless customer orders at a lesser profit. Again, working off old strategies. As to literature about this, there's been a few Ford/Jamal Hameedi interviews and such that have talked about this.

Understand?

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please tell the dealers

Dealers are saying it's limited because they don't know any better. Gen 1 Raptors were "limited" in the sense that they had a certain production cap. Gen 2's, do not. But your average Joe dealer honestly isn't as informed as us on here. They have other models to worry about other than the Raptor whereas here, that's all we are into for the most part.

"Production has also been said to be increased over the 2014 numbers (which were the highest of any Raptor model year)" still holds true. The 2014 model year was the highest produced Raptor year and to the statement of Raptor production being increased over the 2014 model year, that is directly from the mouth of Jamal Hameedi months ago in an interview.

"Dealerships are likely to still have them as an allocated vehicle"
These are still an allocated vehicle to dealerships, meaning it's based on 2014 Raptor sales, and also on a percentage of regional F150 sales overall. Dealers will receive a certain amount of allocation direct from Ford.

"though this will not effect a dealers ability to submit a customer order to be built as the truck is not limited production."
The truck is not limited production. Plain and simple. Limited production does not mean "There are only 1,000 Raptors produced in 2017" It means there is no limit to the amount they can produce. Dealers will receive their allocated models as discussed before, but dealers CAN ALSO submit a CUSTOMER ORDER to Ford and the truck WILL BE MADE FOR THE CUSTOMER. Therefore, there is no limit to the amount produced. Dealers currently are working on old figures/strategy until they hear different. It's also in their best interest to milk the most out of what they do receive, instead of submit limitless customer orders at a lesser profit. Again, working off old strategies. As to literature about this, there's been a few Ford/Jamal Hameedi interviews and such that have talked about this.

Understand?

I wish Ford would tell the dealers.

Icefkfffk

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying that. As a lot of us here, I'm anxious to get my hands on a new Raptor, however, I'm not willing to pay through the nose to get it. Hopefully the dealers will become more educated themselves as the weeks and months go by.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wondering the same thing. Can anyone with a 800 or 801 order confirm that it has LED heads?

I would assume so and have not seen any literature stating halogen heads but the 13/14 MY had halogen heads standard not HID so its worth finding out. Its a little odd though because if you look at Limited or Platinum they state as standard features - Quad beam LED heads and LED tails.

LED headlights are standard equipment.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which they should be but... how do you know? There is nothing stating LED heads standard in the releases so far.

Sure there is, I don't recall the reference off hand, might have been in an article I read. You can believe me or wait and see.