Texas Raptor Run April 18-21 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PARKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely need a Lawrence GPS? To drive around on a ranch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, why lorance GPS? If I had a newer handheld Garmin would that work? Is there some file that they give out for the GPS that has the trails on it?

Dave

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just FYI I now sent an email to ask off for those dates without the schedule even being out! :upyours:

Nice! That is how it's done. Hey Alan we missed ya at the Lil Sahara Dune Run. Crazy good time. Check out the pics and vids. You will want to ask off for that one too, esp since it is in your backyard.

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

I absolutely need a Lawrence GPS? To drive around on a ranch?

If you do all 3 days of the Run you will find out the hard way that caution signs are fewer after all the "wild animals" run them over. With a Lowrance GPS you will mark both the known hazards AND you can mark other jarring semi-bad hazards that didn't make the list

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! That is how it's done. Hey Alan we missed ya at the Lil Sahara Dune Run. Crazy good time. Check out the pics and vids. You will want to ask off for that one too, esp since it is in your backyard.

Yeah It looked like a ton of fun and the pics are great! I'm sure we will make it out for the next one. Big raptor carrying the little raptor!

58590_562833600504_5625843_n.jpg

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Just curious, why lorance GPS? If I had a newer handheld Garmin would that work? Is there some file that they give out for the GPS that has the trails on it?

Dave
That is what I used, the only issue is that with the small screen size, it is hard to see at while going down the trail. The trail is VERY well marked, so it is not required.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

Alan's scared of sand. He told me.

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is what I used, the only issue is that with the small screen size, it is hard to see at while going down the trail. The trail is VERY well marked, so it is not required.

Thanks, so is there some file to download for the trails? I don't really plan on using it much at speed but it would be nice to have as a reference.

Dave

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a memory card that we all passed around with the map loaded on it. It does NOT have the hazards marked, that is what the parade lap is used for.

GPS is great out there the track changed day to day. Markers were knocked down or missing in some areas. Trey/BRT/Ross creek did an excellent job of keeping on top of markers.

Having a copilot/navigator helps watching the gps and upcoming hazards.

-Greg