Texas Raptor Run April 18-21 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, as long as you are able to control your right foot. A stock Raptor would be able to handle Texana Ranch. Now, the faster you want to go the $ goes up exponentially!

-Greg

I'd agree, but would only add that mid or top perch mod is strongly advised. and try to have 2 spares, but not totally necessary.

Also, a WSI race rack is an absolute necessity:sunot:

Mapman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be happy to send you guys a track map with danger markers but, we will get the file to Trey for the GPS, ofcourse he might be best to GPS it in his Raptor. We only have file for Baja Trucks. Dangers may be a little different, I don't know I do not have a Raptor yet.......But am VERY impressed by what I saw last year, You guys ROCK.

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will be happy to send you guys a track map with danger markers but, we will get the file to Trey for the GPS, ofcourse he might be best to GPS it in his Raptor. We only have file for Baja Trucks. Dangers may be a little different, I don't know I do not have a Raptor yet.......But am VERY impressed by what I saw last year, You guys ROCK.

Thanks I'm now going to walk around singing mapman to the old batman tune!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=177596 Texas Raptor Run Q&A

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=161186 Texas Raptor Run April 13-15 Info Thread

It probably won't change to much from last year, but keep in mind, until trey posts the official, this is preliminary.

Joe

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Believe it or not, as long as you are able to control your right foot. A stock Raptor would be able to handle Texana Ranch. Now, the faster you want to go the $ goes up exponentially!

-Greg

All 4 of us at the front of the pack last year in the "A" class were running stock trucks. The smart ones had at least moved to mid-perch. I got a last-minute work reprieve and showed up completely stock - on bottom perch. However I did have a cheapo $100 SDHQ frame kit which was marginal at best. That course is an unreal hill country pounding that you can't even begin to imagine until you have run it at speed. Of course the power of life and death is in your right foot - both gas and brake. BUT unless you are planning on pussyfooting/sightseeing in the "C" class I highly recommend the following (because just ONE mistake will net you broken shocks, bent frame or both):

1). Mid Perch (or wear a kidney belt for support and just go ahead and order your new skid plate now haha)

2). Frame reinforcement kit (RPG is the most popular, because it is effective and you can get National leafs to eliminate the wheel hop as an economical package deal - Stage 3)

3). GPS - so course hazards are clearly marked and gives the ability to make your own additions according to your comfort level and truck mods. There are a crazy number of hazards out there that could kill your truck, and many of the course markers get knocked down over the three day run.

Highly suggested: read the "TRR Takeaways" thread - posted immediately after last year's run - will give fresh insight into the fun yet crazy experience that many of us had out there.

If you want to make an appearance at TRR with the intent of just partaking of the whole experience, and can truly control yourself to creep around the course... none of this applies to you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All 4 of us at the front of the pack last year in the "A" class were running stock trucks. The smart ones had at least moved to mid-perch. I got a last-minute work reprieve and showed up completely stock - on bottom perch. However I did have a cheapo $100 SDHQ frame kit which was marginal at best. That course is an unreal hill country pounding that you can't even begin to imagine until you have run it at speed. Of course the power of life and death is in your right foot - both gas and brake. BUT unless you are planning on pussyfooting/sightseeing in the "C" class I highly recommend the following (because just ONE mistake will net you broken shocks, bent frame or both):

1). Mid Perch (or wear a kidney belt for support and just go ahead and order your new Skidplate now haha)

2). Frame reinforcement kit (RPG is the most popular, because it is effective and you can get National leafs to eliminate the wheel hop as an economical package deal - Stage 3)

3). GPS - so course hazards are clearly marked and gives the ability to make your own additions according to your comfort level and truck mods. There are a crazy number of hazards out there that could kill your truck, and many of the course markers get knocked down over the three day run.

Highly suggested: read the "TRR Takeaways" thread - posted immediately after last year's run - will give fresh insight into the fun yet crazy experience that many of us had out there.

If you truly can control yourself and just want to creep around so you can say you were there... None of this applies to you!

Exactly...

-Greg