Texas Raptor Run April 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a reminder I have Raptor Run cards that you can hand out or leave on Raptors. I have ton's left, so if you want some, or want some more PM me your address. They are dated (stupid me), so they will be pretty worthless in a month.

The owner of the bodyshop I went to this morning for an estimate on damages owns a raptor. We got to talking and I gave him one of your cards. He said he has heard of this get together (!!!) and would check out the website.

He also said he's getting a whipple sc installed soon and would give me a call when he does.

I also stopped by a spot where two raptors park for work and left cards on their door/window.

Lastly, I hit up the dentist near my son's school and gave a card to his secretary (he was in with a patient).

Still have a few cards left. I'll keep an eye out for more trucks.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea same here I have a few left there's only 3 other raptors around here and I've given them all one haha I'm always keeping an eye out for raptors :peace:

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Not sure on a date, but I expect to have one soon.

CRAP! I have a motorcycle trip in Sept. Its gonna cost me a fortune to drag 3 bikes out there. We are flying in an old friend not seen in ten years as a surprise for the orginizer of our anual meet, our 10th anual event in Tenn. I am providing one of my bikes for the surprise guest. Thats my part of funding this surprise.

I am in for this April event your planning, it should become an ANUAL event. It would have more meaning. I think many can only do ONE EVENT a year due to time and money. Now if I give up riding motorcycles and a few of my friends I can swing two events a year. Sighhhhhhhhhh. Decisions decisions!

BDRAG

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CRAP! I have a motorcycle trip in Sept. Its gonna cost me a fortune to drag 3 bikes out there. We are flying in an old friend not seen in ten years as a surprise for the orginizer of our anual meet, our 10th anual event in Tenn. I am providing one of my bikes for the surprise guest. Thats my part of funding this surprise.

I am in for this April event your planning, it should become an ANUAL event. It would have more meaning. I think many can only do ONE EVENT a year due to time and money. Now if I give up riding motorcycles and a few of my friends I can swing two events a year. Sighhhhhhhhhh. Decisions decisions!

BDRAG

Which one? Curious because I am in TN and I have a bike.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score

Its known on my cycle forums as S I T S. Smokin In The Smokie's. We basically take over a motel there with usually 75 to 125 bikes, in Pidgion Forge. We have riders from ALL OVER the WORLD come for this. Many from Germany and England or the Islands there abouts. Many Canadians as well.

Its the one big one most of us try and make atleast every other year or so. This will be my 4th I think over the 10 years. Its the only time I get to ride with and meet the north east riders since most never get down to Texas or out west to those gatherings, I am lucky in the fact that a friend lives in Salida Colorado and when there is a meet out that way I can stay with him and he tags along as the guide for us. HAhaha. Room and Board makes for a much more financially acceptable week. HAhaha.

Sept 17th thru 21st. We usually get there right after a big Hot Rod meet the week before. So I plan on arriving Sunday sometime. We usually break up into smaller groups depending on who we hang with and how we ride. Come on down. I can get you the motel info.

Me on the Dragon almost bustin my ass.

US129PHOTOS043.jpg

BDRAG

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

That was the closest I have been to bustin my ass in many many years. I had passed the 129 guys and came back by and held up a finger to say, I WILL BE RIGHT BACK! Man did I show them! AHhahaaaaa. I was over on the frame, pipes and the floor board had folded up past 100% and I was on a 3 point teder toder. I threw the leg out to keep from falling off due to the lack of gravity since at the point of the photo the bike was heading straight. As I grabbed the left bar to pull or hold on to keep from falling off it gave some counter steer imput which allowed the front tire to get a tad bit of bite and up we came! AHhaha. All I could do was throw both hands in the air point at GOD and hit the next left hander HARD! AHhahaaaaaa. I was doing about 50-60 at the time the pic was taken.

Another pic on the Strom entering the same section on the Dragon. Draggin the right side AGAIN!

US129PHOTOS057.jpg

BDRAG

Last edited: