Texas Folks - Trucks Are Here (Somewhere)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Norris McCarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine from McLane Ford in Fredricksburg Texas on July 27. It was built on November 28. Currently it's in transit with an ETA of 12/24.
Avalanche 802A Screw with Beadlocks.
The dealer has been awesome in keeping me up to date. I hear from him at least twice a week.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had good experience with that dealership. Absolutely the sketchiest tactics known to the car business. Make sure you check and double check all the loan docs closely.

I hear you, I have not had any issues with them yet - this is mt 3rd purchase with them. I can almost assure that their financing will not be competitive enough for me to use them and with no Ford rebates tied to the purchase there is no reason not to get the absolute best APR available from outside lenders.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
I hear you, I have not had any issues with them yet - this is mt 3rd purchase with them. I can almost assure that their financing will not be competitive enough for me to use them and with no Ford rebates tied to the purchase there is no reason not to get the absolute best APR available from outside lenders.

I purchased a Mustang GT from them a few years ago and they tried to conceal that it had 900 miles on the odometer already. Another deal I was about to do with them was a lease. Agreed on mileage use of 10k a year. They changed it to 15k in finance in hopes that I wouldn't catch it. They also changed my trade value on the same deal. I walked out of finance and leased from Leif Johnson a week later.

Good idea in going through your own bank/credit union.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say that I found out yesterday that I now have my 3rd salesperson since ordering this summer - that is pretty ridiculous, but I guess auto sales is second behind restaurant hospitality industry with turn-over.
Unfortunately no one else in the area could get me a reasonable deal. I think we all know to be alert and on the offensive when doing business at most any dealer, or at least that is my warped view of the situation...:cool:

Brix

Reaction score
Yen
Sounds like you and I have the same issue
Did you buy here is Frisco ?

3rd sales person for me too

raptorcat

Reaction score
Nice...I live close by to that dealer. Don't tell me when it's in or I'll go drool on it...I tried to buy an Explorer from them a few years ago but they wouldn't order the one I wanted. Gave up and bought one in Houston, flew down to pick it up.

I live about 5 minutes away myself.....as long as you don't drool on the interior, I don't mind if you come take a look :biggrin:

Hoping to see it this week, but you never know with all of the shenanigans that have occurred so far.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

I've never had good experience with that dealership. Absolutely the sketchiest tactics known to the car business. Make sure you check and double check all the loan docs closely.

Thanks for the heads up. I will certainly heed your warning and go over everything in detail. For financing I got a pretty good deal through my credit union at 1.69% for 60 months and I doubt they'll be able to beat that.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

I will say that I found out yesterday that I now have my 3rd salesperson since ordering this summer - that is pretty ridiculous, but I guess auto sales is second behind restaurant hospitality industry with turn-over.
Unfortunately no one else in the area could get me a reasonable deal. I think we all know to be alert and on the offensive when doing business at most any dealer, or at least that is my warped view of the situation...:cool:

Yenrod, who was your salesman that quit? I've been working with David W. ....he's been pretty good with keeping me up to date.

Sorry to hear about all of your troubles.....we'll see if the truck is worth all of the aggravation.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live about 5 minutes away myself.....as long as you don't drool on the interior, I don't mind if you come take a look :biggrin:

Hoping to see it this week, but you never know with all of the shenanigans that have occurred so far.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Thanks for the heads up. I will certainly heed your warning and go over everything in detail. For financing I got a pretty good deal through my credit union at 1.69% for 60 months and I doubt they'll be able to beat that.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Yenrod, who was your salesman that quit? I've been working with David W. ....he's been pretty good with keeping me up to date.

Sorry to hear about all of your troubles.....we'll see if the truck is worth all of the aggravation.

Last, 2nd salesman, went to finance - so still there but not in sales , 1st left back to oil fields - forgot name. Its all good though, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe mine is on that train. Mine is going to Chapparel ford in Devine TX at MSRP. Mine was a dealer order that I was able to change the color and a couple things on it just in time. It's a Ruby Screw 802A, beadlocks, graphics, bedliner.
Build 11-26
Says in transit with ETA of 12-24.
May Santa will bring it on his sleigh with a big red bow on it!