Swaybar Disconnects - Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They prevent lean and keep the vehicle flat.

Going around curves at higher rates of speeds, which is what the Raptor does naturally and quite well, is what anti-sway bars are designed for.

Keep in mind that offroading conditions are typically far more irregular and unpredictable than on road. It's not hard to imagine going around curves at higher rates of speed and where the truck wants to go forward while you're turning the wheel hard (and think about doing that and seeing another vehicle or a person, a tree, a rock, whatever) and you need to crank the wheel even further...

There is the possibility of tripping the Raptor as well and it's more likely to occur at higher rates of speed than at low speeds.

Think about cranking the wheel at higher speeds in softer stuff without anti-sway bars and then having to crank it some more... :shock2:

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can't figure out why you would want to run sway-bars at high speeds off-road.
20090224095840Mikkeli%2009-Snow%20cropped.jpg

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jeez Frank, that's a specially prepared customized vehicle (like the offroad race trucks) and it's not at all like a 6,000 pound factory produced pickup truck designed originally to drive on highways at up to 90 MPH. You're comparing apples to grapes.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jeez Frank, that's a specially prepared customized vehicle (like the offroad race trucks) and it's not at all like a 6,000 pound factory produced pickup truck designed originally to drive on highways at up to 90 MPH. You're comparing apples to grapes.

No all ralley cars have to be street legal because they are raced on public roads and driven on public roads in between stages. they are " street cars"

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No all ralley cars have to be street legal because they are raced on public roads and driven on public roads in between stages. they are " street cars"

Yeah I really don't think that would pass smog here in CA let alone noise regulations.

Besides, look at how low to the ground that thing is. COG is completely different than Raptor.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dunno guys. With all due respect, I haven't seen anyone come close to driving a Raptor as hard as 'stoner does. He's in a different league, in my opinion. And he's clearly all for removing the thing.

Is he just getting lucky out there? Or is there something to this?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I get that. But it's still a very customized vehicle AND you're still comparing apples to grapes (there's almost no comparison between a rally car and a Raptor - well, they do have four wheels, doors, motors and transmissions...).

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ehrm... as far as I know, he aint come close to rolling over yet, Mr. Founding-Member-of-the-Almost-Flipped-my-Raptor-Gang.