Supercab vs supercrew... leg room and appearence

What 2017 Raptor do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One other point, I can park my SCAB in a 1988 built suburban home. It the front tires touch the step up at the front of the garage and I have 2" to close the garage door. If I didn't have the step up (standard in AZ garages near as I can tell) you might be able to fit a SCREW in the garage. I only garage a few days here and there after a wash and detail though/

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My last several trucks have been SCABs, except for my 2014 Tremor RCSB. I've always preferred the look of the SCAB and only have a passenger in the back once or twice a year, so I never needed a SCREW. So I've always been able to choose the look that I prefer over function.
I love my RCSB Tremor. The short wheelbase makes it fun to drive. I'll be back in a SCAB in a few months...or whenever it comes in. :yawn: One thing that's cool about a Raptor SCAB is it is a little shorter than other F150 SCABs so it will be similar to my Tremor, just slightly longer.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size is a "standard size garage"?

Depends. Around here, 24 x 24 is standard today. That's the slab dimension, so subtract 9" both ways for interior. 10 years ago, it was 22 x 22, with 24' being a common upgrade. A 20' garage was maybe what you'd find on some entry level suburban snout house back then, but those are now 22's if not 24's.

Those are mid-south numbers. If you go out west or florida or maybe some of the bigger flyover markets where the big builders dominate, then I think they're pretty skimpy on things like that. Could be those are 20's.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple more advantages to the SCREW is the twin panel moon roof opening up all the way to let fresh air in and give that open feel. Its my understanding the scab only tilts open.
Also the SCREW can haul more weight and has a larger payload capacity.

Screw or Scab, both are going to a whole lot of Raptor fun.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Ordered a 17, obviously through order isn't submitted yet. Still questioning over and over if crewcab is the best decision.
I think the crew cab with 5.5' box looks very unpropirtional. The Supercab look much more fitting and sporty.
The only reason I'd get a crew is for comfort for friends if we end up going on a few long trips together.

SOOO...
I'm looking for input from the guys who have sat in the back of a Supercab. Is it comfortable, or does the seat in front really get in the way???
ALSO, for those of you who have seen them in person, does the Crew look unpropirtional??

The problem is, the 2g option to crew will easily be earned back in retail value...

I had a scab. When our kiddo was young it was ok, but became a pain as she got older. Having to open the front door, just to unlock the back door became a pita, especially for kerb drop offs @ school (I have to get out, walk around the truck open passenger front, open back etc.). If you had a front passenger, they had to take their seatbelt off yada yada.

Parking lots were a similar issue, the clamshell effect when both front & rear doors were open became a daily dance routine for wife & daughter.

I jumped to the screw as soon as it was available, and am now on my 2nd, with my 3rd (2017) on order.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks the SCREW looks better in general over the SCAB? Those short suicide doors just look out of place .... The bed may be proportionate to the cab, but those suicide doors throw everything off.

Now, if it was a (2) seater standard cab - like the Lightning - I'd agree, that it look proportionately better than then the SCREW. But the SCAB just looks out of place to me.

O well, that's why we all have our opinions :)

You are the only one. Because RACETRUCK lol. I like that the SCAB is currently the only truck offered extra cab short bed. If I were to buy any other brand of truck based on looks they'd all be crew cab short bed. But back when I had a Tacoma many years ago they had a V8 concept that was an extra cab short bed. Seeing that truck made me want that short wheel base configuration. So when the raptor came out I was stoked to buy a SCAB. I love the short wheel base.

The truck that started it all for me

Attachments

• toyota.jpg
    toyota.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 44

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are the only one. Because RACETRUCK lol.

Well, atleast I know my parents weren't lying when they told me I was special! :ROFLJest: LOL

Either way you go, I don't think you can go wrong with this truck. I like to SCREW things, and prefer not to pick SCABS. Thus, it was an easy choice for me! :biggrin:

SubSonicSOPMOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing I'm worried about is getting around that drive thru loop for the wife's Starbucks. I see super duty and HD's do it so it should be ok.

Shepherd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parking lots were a similar issue, the clamshell effect when both front & rear doors were open became a daily dance routine for wife & daughter.

The new rear doors open almost 180 degrees, don't they?

This forum has me questioning my "need" of a SCREW. I haven't ordered yet. It might turn into a SCAB, yet...