Supercab vs supercrew... leg room and appearence

What 2017 Raptor do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Young Family = Screw
Consistently have more than 1 passenger = Screw

Looks = Scab
Slightly more capable = Scab

Resale is debatable but if you look at used non-raptor trucks now the majority of people are looking for screw. Not that this will affect the value too much on a Raptor but it may lower the number of potential buyers. I look at this similar to a pool at a house, some people must have one while others won't even consider a house that has a pool.

My .02 cents

Last edited:

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've sat in the backseat of a SCAB before. Right under 6' and there was enough room for leg space for short-moderate trips.

If you need interior room, for storage/random shit for trips, the screw is quite nice with the seats folded up.

I wanted a SCAB, but finding one over a 8 month period was few and far inbetween in my 250~radius search so I went with a Screw. (2012)

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Young Family = Screw
Consistently have more than 1 passenger = Screw

Looks = Scab
Slightly more capable = Scab

Resale is debatable but if you look at used non-raptor trucks now the majority of people are looking for screw. Not that this will affect the value too much on a Raptor but it may lower the number of potential buyers. I look at this similar to a pool at a house, some people must have one while others won't even consider a house that has a pool.

My .02 cents

Here is my 0.02 cents.

I have sat the back seat of the 2017 Super Cab and thought it felt about the same, maybe a little more room than my Super Cab Gen 1. I have had three cars seats in the back (two of them rear facing infant bucket seats) for several long trips with no issues. I am 5'10", so if I was significantly taller, it would be a different story. I don't know why Super Cabs are written off carte blanche for family use.

In addition, I have been in several off-road situations that if I would have been in a Crew Cab I would have been stuck. That extra foot of length / wheel base makes a difference off-road.

Think about how you will use your truck. Take car seats and see how they will fit.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Here is my 0.02 cents.

I have sat the back seat of the 2017 Super Cab and thought it felt about the same, maybe a little more room than my Super Cab Gen 1. I have had three cars seats in the back (two of them rear facing infant bucket seats) for several long trips with no issues. I am 5'10", so if I was significantly taller, it would be a different story. I don't know why Super Cabs are written off carte blanche for family use.

In addition, I have been in several off-road situations that if I would have been in a Crew Cab I would have been stuck. That extra foot of length / wheel base makes a difference off-road.

Think about how you will use your truck. Take car seats and see how they will fit.

I'd agree. From a function stand point, it was great to have my SCREW - seats folded up and the dogs had more room than they knew what to do with. When I had 2 people in the back seat, 1 was 6'4" and the other was normal size, they had more than ample room. However, from a performance and capability stand point, I was in a lot of off-road situations where I was scraping, high-centering, and pretty sketchy switch backs that you wouldn't normally take a limo on. The SCAB is the better option between the two, but the SCREW is a better DD in my opinion. If I lived closer to the desert or went off-roading multiple times a week, the SCAB would be it.

As @KaiserM715 said, don't cross off the SCAB as a family vehicle - as it still has more leg room than a lot of SUV's and mid-sized 4-door trucks (4Runner, Tacoma double cab, etc).

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd agree. From a function stand point, it was great to have my SCREW - seats folded up and the dogs had more room than they knew what to do with. When I had 2 people in the back seat, 1 was 6'4" and the other was normal size, they had more than ample room. However, from a performance and capability stand point, I was in a lot of off-road situations where I was scraping, high-centering, and pretty sketchy switch backs that you wouldn't normally take a limo on. The SCAB is the better option between the two, but the SCREW is a better DD in my opinion. If I lived closer to the desert or went off-roading multiple times a week, the SCAB would be it.

As @KaiserM715 said, don't cross off the SCAB as a family vehicle - as it still has more leg room than a lot of SUV's and mid-sized 4-door trucks (4Runner, Tacoma double cab, etc).

Great post, my trucks are daily drivers so I swapped to screw in 2010 and won't go back. My children are also 10 and 14 respectively so they take more room and have larger toys. The screw allows us to downsize our other vehicle and save on fuel plus have something that can easily whip in and out of parking lots (maxdaspeed 3).

My off-roading is limited to deep snow situations mainly in the winter. There are some dirt trails but quite limited. If I was constantly off-roading it would probably sway me to scab. When I was younger I loved my short wheelbase jeep, that thing could crawl anywhere.

I guess it all depends on your usage, for me I like the room of the screw but it isn't necessary for all. We like the idea of having one smaller, efficient vehicle and a big family hauler especially when hauling sleds + gear or multiple hockey bags.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the supercrew Raptors first hit, I thought they looked strange because all the press and the first year of production was supercabs. But once the supercrew had been out awhile, seeing a supercab was such a rare sight that it seemed more like "hey what's up with that stunted Raptor."

As far as capability, you get a little better departure angle but you miss out on 13 gallons of additional range, which is tremendous. Honestly I would pay for the supercrew just because of the tank.

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks the SCREW looks better in general over the SCAB? Those short suicide doors just look out of place .... The bed may be proportionate to the cab, but those suicide doors throw everything off.

Now, if it was a (2) seater standard cab - like the Lightning - I'd agree, that it look proportionately better than then the SCREW. But the SCAB just looks out of place to me.

O well, that's why we all have our opinions :)